Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benifits of uprated front diff?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 12:04 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Alrite guys. What is the benifits of a NISMO or CUSCO front diff in transferbox compared to standard for road use?

Cheers
Gaz Smile

2Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 12:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

you will get a better answer than mine so will let others answer but have you looked ata phantom grip? for road use i find mine spot on

3Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 6:37 pm

you will have a car that understeers less, has better traction of the line, you'll be silly to sell it.

4Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 6:41 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Dan the Gearboxman wrote:you will have a car that understeers less, has better traction of the line, you'll be silly to sell it.

Cheers Dan. if its not lved my problm i my think about putting it back in!

5Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 6:57 pm

skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

Eh?

If its in, leave it in.If its not then put it in next time the clutch is done.The diffs are all rare.I have the front and had the middle too but did a deal with Danny for it as it didn't suit me.I had loads of interest in it when I advertised it and still sometimes get pm's about it now over a year later.
The centre diff is much less road friendly but the fronts are good for both road and track imo.

I've not tried a rear, might be something I'd have done if the minuses aren't too bad compared to the pluses.

6Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 9th April 2012, 7:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

skiddusmarkus wrote:Eh?

If its in, leave it in.If its not then put it in next time the clutch is done.The diffs are all rare.I have the front and had the middle too but did a deal with Danny for it as it didn't suit me.I had loads of interest in it when I advertised it and still sometimes get pm's about it now over a year later.
The centre diff is much less road friendly but the fronts are good for both road and track imo.

I've not tried a rear, might be something I'd have done if the minuses aren't too bad compared to the pluses.

I think its got a fault with it so ive put a standard 1 in to see if it cures the problem. If not then i may throw it back in as its obv not the diff at fault. Not drove the car yet to find out!

7Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 12th April 2012, 7:07 am

chopper

chopper

johnny gtir wrote:you will get a better answer than mine so will let others answer but have you looked ata phantom grip? for road use i find mine spot on

Did ed in norwich sort your phantom grip out? do you think its worth the money for a road car then?

8Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 12th April 2012, 6:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No danny sold me it he will correct me but i think i am right in saying its a different dare i say uprated one to what is listed on there site for the pulsar

9Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 12th April 2012, 8:02 pm

johnny gtir wrote:No danny sold me it he will correct me but i think i am right in saying its a different dare i say uprated one to what is listed on there site for the pulsar

correct,its the heavy duty mofo

10Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 12th April 2012, 8:14 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As the man in the know above says uprated bad lad mofo Very Happy

11Benifits of uprated front diff? Empty Re: Benifits of uprated front diff? 12th April 2012, 10:05 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

NISMO FRONT DIFF MAYBE FOR SALE AT WEEKEND! Depending on when i pick my car up from the garage & see if its cured the clunking/knocking problem as ive put a standard diff in. If not then it will obviusly be a good working unit. If it has cured it, it will need a rebuild!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum