Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hill Climb Pulsar

+4
Hardy172cup
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
Bracpan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Hill Climb Pulsar 31st March 2014, 7:53 pm

Bracpan

Hi
Some on here might know me from the other GTiR sites, I have been competing in Sprints and hillclimbs for many years, starting in Mini,s then a Cox GTM also raced Sports racings cars and one event in a Single seater.
The Pulsar has been by far the most succesfull car that I have run winning my class overall in the Welsh championship and overall class winner in the national Midland hillclimb championship. I was also 9th overall in the same year and the top road legal car only ouy and out race cars were ahead.
Unfortunatly I have decided to move onto another project once my Pulsar has been sold....Its on the 2 GTiR sites as you all probably now. I am still looking for a serious buyer.
So if anybody is thinking of building a Sprint or Hill climb car please contact me first as I could save you a hell of a lot of money plus the knowledge of how to win on a budjet..and yes it can be done.
Good Luck
Phil

2Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 31st March 2014, 8:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hiya Phil
Can't believe no ones bought the car yet.
Thought you had someone looking at it over the weekend, was it just another time waster?

It's a shame as a couple years back it would have sailed away but now it seems that people just want to build there own cars up rather than buy one that's done and a majority just want road cars as opposed to those set up for track use.
I've had our track car up for sale for ages now and it's extremely clean but no one seems interested even at 2.5k, the cage cost that alone lol

Maybe trying the raffle thing would be a good idea as I and a few others would deffo buy a ticket if it's all done properly

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 31st March 2014, 9:35 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome Phil

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 31st March 2014, 10:20 pm

Bracpan

The chap has not come back to me yet, and to be honest he wants it for a weekend car...and has kids to ride in it. The cage I fitted will never alow the rear seat to be lifted. I did offer to send pictures but still nothing. Although its been the most succesfull car I have ever raced by a long way, I do wish I had never bought it,,,,should have bought a slower crappy ford..would not have won sod all but it would have sold to the idiots that think they are cool....I was only interested in going fast,,,and it did that.

5Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 31st March 2014, 11:13 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Welcome to the forum mate. It's a bloody shame your having such trouble selling, I would love to buy that car and use it to compete in some Motorsport events but I'm just dreaming, I had to save like hell for ages just to buy my R and that was less than half the price of yours lol

Like you say if it was a ford it would sell in an instant, I quite like my cossies and what not because I grew up around them but they are way overpriced, way overrated and most ford owners seem so far up their own arse they must be high on methane Laughing

I know not all ford owners are the same but a lot of them look down on jap cars etc like they are pieces of shit and to me that's just narrow mindedness, a true enthusiast has appreciation and respect for all motors that are special

It's like how can you like cossies but act like it's competitors are nothing but shit, surely if your into that kind of car then you should have at leas some sort of respect for the R, I see comments like "my cossie would thrash one of those pieces of shit any day" and "I would rather walk than drive jap" lol nob heads that haven't got a clue! They give ford owners a bad name

Anyway enough ranting about ford owners from me lol glws buddy, I hope you find a buyer soon and if you do the raffle thing i would definitely buy a ticket Very Happy

6Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 1st April 2014, 1:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum mr bracpan ......
be careful bill slagging of ford owners your upset kerime .... and you know what they say about a woman scorn Wink 

7Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 1st April 2014, 3:03 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol ye I know I best be careful Laughing like I said not all ford owners are the same, just some of them that give the rest a bad name. My dads had about a million cossies and he's one of the soundest guys you could ever meet and Kerime seems like a lovely woman I just hope I haven't brought out the nasty sides of her by dissing ford owners lol.

You always get them people that have that manufacturer arrogance so to speak no matter what the manufacturer they all have their worshipers that are blind to anything other than their favourd manufacturer.

I'm actually a classic ford fan but I hate them ford owners (and owners of other cars) that turn their noses up at everything not their brand and I know Kerime is above those type of people, she's a genuine petrol head  Twisted Evil 

8Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 1st April 2014, 3:41 pm

Bracpan

My point is they are over priced and often overated compaired to other cars on the market,,,I used to beat Cossies with a Mini over 20 years ago...I just feel its a shame cars like the Pulsar are also not held in such regard..they might be in the future but im running out of time to sell this car...its very very frustrating..
Als dont forget in speed events you can share a car,,,so thats when a car like mine becomes a real bargain...championship winning car for £4250 each !!

9Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 12th April 2014, 7:13 pm

Bracpan

My luck never changes, a was chap coming down today to buy my car and then rang to say he broke down half way,,,says he will try again next weekend.  Rolling Eyes

10Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 12th April 2014, 7:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

How many times have I heard that one lol

Nightmare Phil especially if you took the day out to meet him, too many dreamers and time wasters out there

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

11Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 12th April 2014, 7:24 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

welcome to the forum, badass car you got there, interested in using mine for hillclimbs aswell in the future

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

12Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 12th April 2014, 10:23 pm

Bracpan

Thanks for that. And good luck on the hills always great to see more GTiR's being used in competition.
But you would be better off buying mine,,proven winner and will save you money in the end.

PS Yes Bob I cant imagine doing this everyday,,,,Im fed up already and its only the one car I have to sell.

13Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 19th April 2014, 8:42 pm

Bracpan

It looks as if it will be going next Saturday,,,,please cross you fingers for me..
It flew through its MOT today, also had it checked out up at Indigo GT to make sure it was running perfect, I also did an oil/filter change and 6 months tax... will be realy sorry to see it go but time to move on. New Challenge awaits..

Last edited by Bracpan on 19th April 2014, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 19th April 2014, 9:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Fingers crossed for you fella ..... whats your next venture ????

15Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 19th April 2014, 10:33 pm

Bracpan

Saloon car, 4wd, around 400bhp. But this is the twist..it will only weigh between 500-550 kgs
And not a turbo in site...but not road legal either hence the very light weight.

16Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 19th April 2014, 10:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey 500kg that must be a very light car ....with a plasic engine ....

17Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 19th April 2014, 10:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im really intrested on what car it is ..... i couldnt find any 4wd with that kerb wieght .... its lighter than a r5gtt

18Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 20th April 2014, 6:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Good luck with the sale. You deserve the luck phill very nice chap your parts for these cars will be missed and make sure you keep intouch you have my number or keep on these forums keep us posted with the new car venture and you certainly showed a pulsar is a winner on the hills.

19Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 20th April 2014, 8:13 am

Bracpan

Thanks both, its been a great time and I wish I could have kept the car but thats life.
I will keep in touch to see how things develope on the GTiR front.
Although my next car is saloon based its a full space frame car with very tight bodywork etc. Its taken I long time to plan it as its quite different..but the bases of the car is very simple. Once it gets going we will be doing a blog on the build. I once worked out the power to weight of my Pulsar and its around 333bhp/ton,,,next car is close to the mid 700's..

20Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 20th April 2014, 11:48 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hope all goes well Phil as said
Never met you but you've done a lot for these cars over the years and always come across as a polite genuine fella when I've spoken to you.

I know you ain't been on here long but please keep us updated on your new venture  as were in to all types of cars and Motorsport regardless of what you drive so will be great to see how your getting on

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

21Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 20th April 2014, 12:43 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Good luck Phil, yes I have had some of your products..nice work.

22Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 23rd April 2014, 6:34 pm

Bracpan

Cancelled yet again......could not get down this weekend. What can I say!  Sad
If anybody wants to step in its all yours...

23Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 23rd April 2014, 7:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Christ that really is bad luck
The guy sounds like a complete and utter waster to me

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

24Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 23rd April 2014, 7:36 pm

Bracpan

I must admit I am now thinking the same...I had to insure it again this week so wasted even more money if I cant cancell it soon.. If some one came this weekend with £8250 they could have it.

25Hill Climb Pulsar  Empty Re: Hill Climb Pulsar 23rd April 2014, 9:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

HATE to say it but if it goes in bits few parts I would like. Might have to sell it at a lesser spec heart breaking and a real shame it deserves to be competing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum