Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bastard break pipes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bastard break pipes  Empty Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 6:01 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Changed all the flexi pipes for braided hoses but the last one has spun the metal break pipe bit so I need to exchange it. Problem is it's the n/s front and it's broken abour 3inch before it goes into the engine bay ere it's impossible to change as it goes directly behind the engine . So my question is can I get a sort of compression connector to extend it??? Evil or Very Mad 

2Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 6:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate you can get a joiner piece the problem is you would need to put one of the ends on the brake pipe then flare it .... it would be easier to remove the whole pipe go to a local motor factors with it and they will give you a new piece with the ends on and flared you just bend into shape as you need cliping it into place ... i could send you a pipe but it wouldnt reach you in one piece ....

3Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 6:32 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye mate I've done that in the past it's just the pipe looks impossible to get too let alone unclip from the bulk head it's so close and low to the engine and bulk head then vanishes under the plenum and out the other side. I can't even follow it enough to know which one it is on the master cylinder

4Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 6:56 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Right managed to trace it to a 5 outlet junction behind the plenum but looks impossible to remove old pipe let alone exchange

5Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 7:44 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I've made a clean cut on a excellent condition bit of pipe about level with the back of the glove box. Apparently you can get a compression joint which looks like my only option until I take the engine out next winter to change the clutch and pipes at the back of the engine then I can get to renew the full pipe. Has anyone used these before and are they any good?

6Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 7:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive never used one but im sure if they are sold then it will be ok to use i do a fair bit of plumbing and those compression joint are pretty good without to much aggro ....

7Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 8:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hide it as much as poss i could be talkin crap here but pritty sure a mate got pulled on jointing on brake pipes even tho it was a bought joint a few year back on mot

(Could of been over strickt mot tester unless it was weeping or something just thought i would throw it up)

8Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 8:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As johnny said its seems like its a very mixed bag as wether its legal or not but  if you search the net loads say its not but cant back it up with any legal documents proving otherwise ....

9Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 10:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You word things so much better than me bitch lol :chop 
Suppose it dose not take much ha ha

10Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 10:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt go that far johnny im not totaly literate  but do not do to bad considering i never went to school ....

11Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 8th March 2014, 11:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I tried to go as little as possible and left as soon as i could and dont regret it one bit. Top electrician, cctv fire and intruder alarms  and very hands on can fix or learn most things very quick if shown once. Better than alot of apprentisis we have had last few years all they want to do is use mobile phones winge and might have good grades but lack common sense and shit on the tools attitudes stink towards work and dont realise the oppitunity they are been given to learn a trade

12Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 9th March 2014, 12:30 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Then me and you are pretty similar then mate .... all i know is pretty much what ive learnt myself other than some of the building work .... but most of it all is common sense and thinking logical  with regard to any job obviously some people just have a natural talent  wich is annoying  but i always think why pay someone to do it if you can do it yourself  maybe thats me just being a tight git lol...

13Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 9th March 2014, 8:46 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Just read section 3.6 of the MOT manual brake section.
It is well known by testers & automotive mechanics/engineers that compression fittings with separate ferrules do not comply with requirements & is a failure if picked up on.
Bottom line is you need flare pipe to make join to comply with regs. Hydraulic pressure in your brake system & importance of it's function is a different ball game to domestic plumbing ...

14Bastard break pipes  Empty Re: Bastard break pipes 9th March 2014, 9:20 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hide it m8 screw a box backwards or something untill engine next out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum