Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cloud, silver lining comes to mind

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 10:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

It is a smart looking van but it was designed(not very well) to be a plumbers/electricians or parcel delivery van. I am quite impressed that it averages 42mpg; not that im paying, but even when I severely abuse it I cant get it lower than 37mpg!

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

27Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt advertise that you abuse it pete someone might tell on you lol ....so you going to try offload the van for something abit more bigger ????

28Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 10:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

When the boss says 'drive it like it was your own car' at least I can say I do  Twisted Evil 
I doubt it Leighton, im gonna be stuck with it for 9 years  Crying or Very sad 

29Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 10:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not if you break it first pete ... nine years is a long time stuck in a ford ....my mate has a vauxhall combo he gave it to me for a few days last week as i fitted some rear quater windows in it .... quite scarey cutting out the metal panels to fit the glass ... anyway back to the point i thought it was quite quick and wasnt to uncomftable ..

30Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 10:42 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

It is quite nippy and handles well but I would trade it for my old van any day, quite like the look of the transit custom but doubt I can have one. I will just have to wait and see...
Why did your mate want the glass put in?

31Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 11:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

He said he liked the look of the tourer wich is the euro version of it hes had already got the sliding doors with glass in but more of the people carrier version has glass all round so he bought the glass from vauhall and gave it all to me and asked can i do it ... cut the metal panels out from the inside all in all it took me around 2 hours .... what van did you have before pete ???

32Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 28th July 2014, 4:57 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I had a 60 plate 100ps swb 330 transit. The only thing I wanted different on the old van was a 6 speed box as on the motorway doing 70 it was revving just over 3K

33Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st August 2014, 12:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you are so right about that van pete, its truly horrible, very badly designed

many thanks for the lovely cakes and doughnuts, will see you at the meet on the 10th  cheers 

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

34Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st August 2014, 6:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

No problems Bob, hope you made Dave work harder after leaving him with the bag of doughnuts Laughing

35Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st August 2014, 10:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thought you had a couple members come forward for that ????

36Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st August 2014, 10:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Just need it done sharpish Leighton
Can't afford to mess about as we need to be open for 1st September and still got lots n lots to do, poor old Dave's been working like a trojan we've both been doing 10-12 hour days

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

37Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st August 2014, 11:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh right just a thought have you tried contacting maybe a local college as been looking up for you and they do graffiti workshops in your area...

38Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 29th October 2014, 10:05 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

So things have taken a turn, I may now be given a bigger van again Rolling Eyes
Some people that make decisions in my company would fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking their thumbs!

39Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 29th October 2014, 10:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What you getting now pete .... for the record i would like to fall in a barrel of tits Laughing

40Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 29th October 2014, 11:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

They are considering giving me a transit custom but not sure on spec. Our transport manager wants to have Ford's acceleration control fitted which would suck.

41Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 29th October 2014, 11:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whats that without sounding to thick ????

42Cloud, silver lining comes to mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 30th October 2014, 5:35 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Basically it means the ecu controls how much power to give you depending on how loaded the van is; when at full weight it would allow full power but restricts power as the van lightens.

http://www.ford.co.uk/FordFleet/NewsAndReviews/FordForBusiness/2013/July/Debuts-New

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

So I have yet another new van; a transit custom. First impressions are good. Cant really notice the extra 10hp but can feel the extra 60foot/pound of torque. Its nice to be back up in a higher seating position. Ill pop some pics up at some point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum