Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cloud, silver lining comes to mind

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 20th February 2014, 9:42 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Was a bit gutted this week to be told I was having my transit taken away as was needed elsewhere in my company which gave me the dread of what crappy old dog was gonna be my replacement. To then be informed im getting a brand new transit connect as its replacement has put a nice little twist on things. Actually cant wait to get it in April as its packed with some cool stuff but most importantly will be more powerful than my current van  Cool

2Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 20th February 2014, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Hopefully it wont have the ecu speedlimiter turned on then pete ....otherwise its not going to be faster than the other van...

3Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 20th February 2014, 10:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah well it will be the same actually as from 2008 all our company vans have the 70 limiter fitted thanks to a knob at one of our branches caught doing 93mph in a 60 zone Rolling Eyes 
My current transit is the 100ps 5 speed swb so im having to downsize a bit but I can live with that as my new connect will be the 115ps 6 speed lwb, gonna be fairly nippy for a van  Twisted Evil

4Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 20th February 2014, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh well it will be an upgrade regardles of the limiter .... bet you feel we spoilt ... Cool 

5Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 21st February 2014, 7:51 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Getting new vans is the only way I'll ever have something brand new as I could never warrant buying a new car. Depending on how many extras it's got will determine spoiltness Wink

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 1st April 2014, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 23rd February 2014, 7:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Any pics of the new pimped out wagon pete ....

7Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 23rd February 2014, 7:43 pm

Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFLDXBbqTmWtMrV_lK7wRfcQWeoAgneCP5gBF2Dm-zjDk5YzVYug

pete loves his new motor just waitng on reg plates

8Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 23rd February 2014, 7:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wow now thats a pimp daddy of a van ..... Wink 

9Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 23rd February 2014, 7:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

looks like a big rasheen lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 23rd February 2014, 8:27 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nice one Dave, as that's an American looking thing that will have a nice v8 under the hood  Razz 

Ill throw some pics up when it gets delivered next month Leighton Wink

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

11Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st April 2014, 6:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Its arrived Cool 

Cloud, silver lining comes to mind IMAG0585_zps95f92f03

12Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st April 2014, 7:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you squint at the pic it looks like an angry pokemon  Laughing 

13Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st April 2014, 7:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Very nice indeed

14Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st April 2014, 7:28 pm

Shit you must be on big bucks rolling in an Aston Martin as a works van

15Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 1st April 2014, 8:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:Shit you must be on big bucks rolling in an Aston Martin as a works van

Ill have a martini, shaken not stirred Laughing 

Just waiting for it to be kitted out and sign written then I can move in so to speak. Cant believe how deep the dashboard is, feels like im piloting the starship enterprise!  Shocked

16Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 12th April 2014, 10:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Was supposed to be moving into this today but found out yesterday the bloody thing has already broke so its gone back to fords Rolling Eyes  Poxy electric power steering has given up. Not filling me full of confidence, never had an issue with any of my other vans.

17Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 18th April 2014, 5:19 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Well finally got to drive it yesterday and im surprised by how it goes so well but doesn't feel it? Only when you look at the speedo you realise its quite shifty. Just got to put all my tools and equipment in at some point.
Cloud, silver lining comes to mind IMAG0609_zps34141c53
Cloud, silver lining comes to mind IMAG0606_zpsda71c2bd
Cloud, silver lining comes to mind IMAG0608_zps02c0f097
Cloud, silver lining comes to mind IMAG0607_zps852368dc

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 19th April 2014, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 3:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I presume your company has decked it out with false floor etc .... looks abit like an old evo with the front bumper ....

19Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 5:03 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah the under-floor storage will be for my parts and diagnostic equipment, just got to sort out a new toolbox as my current one is too big.

20Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 7:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il hold off any jokes of having a big toolbox lol .... looks smart though mate ...

21Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 8:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah the guy at work who kits them out does a brilliant job and we can have our vans whatever layout we want and can customise them as we please. So with that in mind and the good weather, ive got to find a place for the fridge Wink

22Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 8:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Anywhere im arms reach when driving i would imagine  Wink 

23Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 19th April 2014, 9:26 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah maybe, don't often have anyone with me so may fold up passenger seat and put it there.

24Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 9:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

nomad wrote:Oh well it will be an upgrade regardles of the limiter  .... bet you feel we spoilt ... Cool 

So it turns out this van is definitely not an upgrade, after over 3 months and nearly7,000 miles later of having it I feel like driving it into a brick wall. I thought I would get used to the awful driving position but no, each morning coming off my estate I fear losing its front end coming out of awkward junctions. Then there is the gearbox; 1st gear is about the same as 2nd gear in any other vehicle I have drove, so you either have to slip the clutch or wheel spin to get away or both if on a hill. I do wonder whether the 5spd box would be better but you cant get it with the highest power engine??
Think the icing on the cake so to speak is the fact my company/boss got this to save a few quid a month due to running costs etc. Well after having it weighed last week; with everything I normally carry as standard I found that I have 30kg's capacity left, I cant even carry a passenger for f*cksake. Lets just say im looking forward to a chat with my manager tomorrow as he's back from his holiday  Twisted Evil 

25Cloud, silver lining comes to mind Empty Re: Cloud, silver lining comes to mind 27th July 2014, 9:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

It's a little van trying to do a big vans job lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning