Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 to 1 dump valve mod

+2
Concrete-GTIR
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

14 to 1 dump valve mod Empty 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 11:09 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ive been doing some reading on the Canadian and Australian GTIR sites and it seems a few people have done this mod.

Apparently an ITB turbo car needs a line to the dump valve from each individual throttle body for it to operate correctly therefor the stock vac line for the BOV is insufficient for the job

What people have beend doing on the other sites is t-ing a load of pipes together and connecting the up to the four blanked off connections used for setting up the ITB's and linking them together and then to the dump valve

I'll try and get a picture so people can see what I'm talking about, I'm just wondering if anyone else is running this set up and is it worth doing?

I have heard some say it helps prevent compressor surge and the flutter noise the BOV tends to make but on the other hand I have read a lot of people doing away with BOV's all together and claiming they are pointless and it won't damage the turbo without one but to me no BOV sounds like its going to stress the turbo no end

24 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 11:11 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Here we go, here's a vid from mighty mods explaining how to do this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En91CuhPqjI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEn91CuhPqjI

34 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 11:19 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

This vid was on the oc years ago a lot of people started doing it as it made the dump valves sound louder. I think the final conclusion was it doesn't really give any other benefit ill try find you the thread

44 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 11:27 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Interesting, I might give it a go and see what difference it makes, it's not hard to T some bits of pipe together so I might aswell try it when I can be bothered lol

54 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 1:13 pm

johnboy

johnboy

When I first got my car it was set up like that. Never tried it out though as I put it back to standard when I re-built the engine.

64 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 1:28 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

I'm remember reading somewhere its best to join up all the nipples on the throttle bodies instead of just having the standard nipples I've actually done that on mine as in not connected 1and2 then 3 to 4 not all in 1 and not connected to dumpvalve

Last edited by Concrete-GTIR on 13th January 2014, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

74 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 1:37 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

mine was 4-1 and sounded shit, so ive put it back standard

84 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 13th January 2014, 7:43 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Even I had this mod done made no difference so put it back to standard

94 to 1 dump valve mod Empty Re: 4 to 1 dump valve mod 14th January 2014, 12:15 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think this was covered a little while back .... and with the same outcome it made no difference iirc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum