Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snap off steering wheel boss

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 9:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have searched not looking for suggestions i can find plenty but is anyone using a decent snap off steering wheel boss that both looks good and dose not move the steeringwheel position very far ie minimum amount keeps use of horn and dose not affect indicator cancelation

2Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 9:30 pm

Gaz is the best to ask for this mate I know he has one and as far as I am aware the horn/movement is in the same place.

3Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 9:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I Will ask him altho reading some of his posts i best use spell check where did you get your strap on 
                 Spell check snap off  steering wheel lol

4Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 9:46 pm

Am sure he will be more than happy to tell you were he bought his strap on from,

And his snap off Wink

5Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 10:49 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sorry I don't offer my help & advise to bullys.... Evil or Very Mad 

6Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 11:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Bullys

7Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 11th November 2013, 11:12 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

This is the one I have, Seems a good bit of kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D1-SPEC-STEERING-WHEEL-QUICK-RELEASE-UNIVERSAL-SILVER-JDM-by-nitroXuk-/190715376138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6785b20a

8Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 12th November 2013, 6:22 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

D1 is a good make, i already bought things from them and good quality products.
Gaz, what type steering wheel are you using? What dish do you have on it?

These snap off brings the wheel really close to you isn't it? Is it like you had à 90mm or more spacer ?

9Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 12th November 2013, 7:08 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Gaz GTiR wrote:This is the one I have, Seems a good bit of kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D1-SPEC-STEERING-WHEEL-QUICK-RELEASE-UNIVERSAL-SILVER-JDM-by-nitroXuk-/190715376138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6785b20a
I had one very similar to this, but I found that the locations where the ball-bearings seat began to wear after a few track days. This resulted in a little 'slop' in the steering and I lost a little confidence in the design (perhaps better suited to everyday driving instead of track days?). I now have two splined versions:

Go-Race Splined QR boss

Laranca Racing FIA approved Splined QR boss

which are very reliable and have zero steering 'slop'. They also don't bring the steering wheel much closer to you (53mm for the Go-Race version), so a less deep-dish wheel and a thinner hub and it's almost OE LOL Wink 

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

10Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 12th November 2013, 7:28 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Any link as there website says coming soon ?

11Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 12th November 2013, 7:31 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

johnny gtir wrote:Any link as there website says coming soon ?
Yep, a link to the Larnaca QR is:

Larnaca on eBay

You can normally find the price a little cheaper if you shop around though………

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

12Snap off steering wheel boss Empty Re: Snap off steering wheel boss 12th November 2013, 6:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thanks will check them both out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum