Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Covers

+3
watoga
nomad
Concrete-GTIR
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Car Covers Empty Car Covers 21st October 2013, 5:38 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Anyone here recommend a decent one for not too silly price, the r has got to spend some time outside this winter cause ill be working on a different project in the garage. I know you can get the tailor made ones but im not paying that price. I saw a thread a while back on them cant remember if it was on here on the oc last year sometime any ideas and experiences people had would be great to hear suggestions as my old one is looking a bit tired. Smile

cheers

2Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 6:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I bought a car cover on ebay for a medium size car not the best cover in the world  but waterproof  and cost a tenner and just put a dust sheet on the car first ...

3Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 7:45 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Good idea mate which cover did you buy

4Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 8:00 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

I bought one of these covers:

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=559

Not cheap, but I wasn't taking chances with my Sunny. It has been quite hard wearing, especially with a few cold+wet winters under its belt. Not to mention its fully fitted for a totally secure fit.

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

5Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 8:04 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Which one did you go for I might part with 129 but I don't really wanna spend 250 on a cover. How o they fasten down

6Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 8:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey its abit pricey dave.... still get what you pay for i guess .... my cover lasted two winters including the shitty snow  wich is value for money Wink

7Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 8:36 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

In hindsight, I may have opted for Lieghton's (much) cheaper alternative! Especially if it has lasted just as long! The main reason why I liked the custom ones was the ability to place the cover over the car even when slightly wet, allowing it to be protected as well as to dry out naturally. The quality is genuinely good, and the inside is definitely soft on paintwork. I managed to pick up the £250 one in a Christmas sale for £110 including delivery so keep an eye out for any offers!

Cheers,
Dave

8Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 8:37 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Oh, and as for fastening down, there are 3 cross car straps with buckles, as well as a rubber coated steel cable which can be locked with a padlock for security.

Cheers,
Dave

9Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 9:26 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I bought a Halfords car cover that i have used on my evo and my pulsar.. Was for a large estate car .. Only one i could get that would fit over the evos spoiler...
Has a bit spare when on the r but i just fold it up underneath and put a strap round it.. There is pics somewhere on here of my r with the cover on...
Might be under my build thread from last winter

10Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 21st October 2013, 9:31 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Found it

Car Covers 20121206_131556

The extra straps where only put on because we had some serious wind last winter..
Is a breathable waterproof cover

11Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 22nd October 2013, 1:40 am

knights of nee

watoga wrote:I bought one of these covers:

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=559

Not cheap, but I wasn't taking chances with my Sunny. It has been quite hard wearing, especially with a few cold+wet winters under its belt. Not to mention its fully fitted for a totally secure fit.

Cheers,
Dave
Handy link mate I'll be getting one of these for my new one, It will have to live outside once I'm properly divorced Sad , I'm going to miss my double garage so much more than my ex that's for sure Rolling Eyes

12Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 22nd October 2013, 5:18 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Cheers for the help guys ill def keep my eye out on that site for some special deals

13Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 22nd October 2013, 5:52 am

kenny1pulsar

Don't buy 1 of the blue 20 quiders from argos. My misses got me 1 and it went brittle after a few months and completely fell to bits when it got windy. Total waste of money

14Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 22nd October 2013, 8:26 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

The car is usually tucked in the garage, but needs to be on the drive for the next few days as I am removing the rad and sorting some bits on her.
Here is what I have used. Think it was an Argos or Halfords jobbie.
Does the trick and is breathable too, for indoor or outside use.

Car Covers 2013-10-22162812_zpsdc37fbc4
Car Covers 2013-10-22160734_zps040e3d8c

15Car Covers Empty Re: Car Covers 22nd October 2013, 8:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think it maybe argos rob as it looks similar to one i got from there before ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum