Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

your plans for next year

+12
Bones
Digitalfaze
lenzo
watoga
GTIR James
Greygtir
BEBB GTIR
pulsarmoley
knights of nee
nomad
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

plans for your car next year

your plans for next year Vote_lcap39%your plans for next year Vote_rcap 39% [ 12 ]
your plans for next year Vote_lcap35%your plans for next year Vote_rcap 35% [ 11 ]
your plans for next year Vote_lcap3%your plans for next year Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
your plans for next year Vote_lcap23%your plans for next year Vote_rcap 23% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1your plans for next year Empty your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 5:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just wondered what your plans were for your cars next year?

I know theres quite a few of you's now turning your cars into more track orientated vehicles as you don't get the best use from the roads anymore, theres also a few going back to basics and putting back to original stock condition

so thought I would do a little pole to see whos planning what seeing as im a nosey booger

im aiming for big power with the rasheen but top secret build is this, will still be road legal though
pulsar wise ive nearly finished clares new car which should be a good all rounder although mainly fast road use with a bit of bling added lol

Last edited by GTI-R US on 17th October 2013, 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 5:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just a nice road car for me... Not to blingy bling tho Laughing 

3your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 5:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What have you done with clares ? ..... plans for mine is mostly get the fooker on the road ...spray it and get it running  oh and make myself a full 3 inch exhaust  Wink

4your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 5:53 pm

knights of nee

Well mine will look as standard as pos even the brakes all be it with new discs and carbotech pads, Even running on standard 14" original wheels.

It will be pushing as much power as I can get through my new top mount and standard air box which is being modified to accept a Z32 maf , I will be running a quiafe box fully nismo mounts but you will look at it and think it's a standard car just a lot nicer and cleaner.

Will have ceramic coated standard ported exhaust manifold/3" elbow and heat shields, All the under body components are being powder coated and the under side stripped and painted/stone chip/wax you get the picture.

Most important thing to me is to someone that didn't know better they'd think it was standard.

Rob

5your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:07 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Would like to do a proper track day next year that's my aim, not sure what the plans are for the R though...

6your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:14 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Get rally style R on road for le mans trip plus track day at Loton park

Take black R off road and sort out body work (god knows how its still holding together) Sad 

Paint bonnet/tailgate and fit new spoiler to 300 plus change cambelt and give her a good service ready for summer Smile

7your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:19 pm

Greygtir

If things dont pick up with the gtir scene. Im afraid im selling up and going for a hawk eye scoob. Bigger market and makes more sense for me business wise

8your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:20 pm

Greygtir

BEBB GTIR wrote:Get rally style R on road for le mans trip plus track day at Loton park

Take black R off road and sort out body work (god knows how its still holding together) Sad 

Paint bonnet/tailgate and fit new spoiler to 300 plus change cambelt and give her a good service ready for summer Smile
Belt?

9your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure they have a belt instead of a chain .

10your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:24 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

yeah 300zx is a cambelt not timing chain, dont think its ever had one and shes up to 90k Shocked 

11your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:29 pm

Greygtir

Sorry missed the 300 thought it could be named  project 300 or something lol

12your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:33 pm

GTIR James

More track days for me. Want to do Caldwell next year & spa but need to build a new engine first

13your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Things dont pick up with the gtir scene ?

14your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:44 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

dont worry mate Smile

15your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:52 pm

Greygtir

Compared to other car scenes the gtir is dead.as a business choice might be me worth getting something that owners spend money on. 

For example if i build a mould for a bonnet. Ill be lucky if i sell 5. Now if that was for a evo or scooby at the right price i could sell 5x more. I do love the gtir but how many of you are gonna chop your boot floor out to replace it with a carbon floor. Probs just me

16your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 6:58 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Ok, so I only had the option to vote for one plan, but as I have two GTiRs I have majorly different plans for them:

My UK Sunny GTIR is 99.9% standard. The only non-standard parts are the Team Dynamics wheels, clear side repeaters and the short shifter that are currently fitted. Thankfully (due to Bob) I've obtained the parts I need to make the car totally standard. So my plans for this is to get the OE alloys reconditioned, removed the annoying-as-hell short shifter, and replace the clear side repeaters with some nice orange ones.

My Japanese Pulsar GTiR will enter the final stages of track modification. I will be fitting my custom designed fuel system (including a Facet lifter pump feeding a 5 litre baffled swirl pot, 2 Bosch 044 fuel pumps feeding fuel through AN12 lines to a JGY fuel rail, and returning through a Fuelab electronic FPR). I may even include a fuel cooler if I can fabricate the necessary ducting for air flow. This will all need wired up to my Racepak digital dash, and I will be finishing my personally designed dash with includes a huge array of gauges (fuel temp, 3 x water temp, charge temp, exhaust temp, to name just a few LOL) along with my electronics project (an FIA-spec battery cutoff with external kill switches) and USB ports for live data logging and ECU reprogramming. My worry is that I become too much of a perfectionist and the "final stages" will drag on for years.......... Still, even if it does I'll always have my Sunny to drive Very Happy 

Glad to see others have a wide variety of plans!
Good poll Bob,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

17your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:04 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Greygtir wrote:Compared to other car scenes the gtir is dead.as a business choice might be me worth getting something that owners spend money on. 

For example if i build a mould for a bonnet. Ill be lucky if i sell 5. Now if that was for a evo or scooby at the right price i could sell 5x more. I do love the gtir but how many of you are gonna chop your boot floor out to replace it with a carbon floor. Probs just me

can you build a whole GTIR shell out of fibreglass Smile rust free haha

18your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:07 pm

Greygtir

Its funny you say that as i have just took moulds of my rear archto make outvof kevlar or twintex. Lol thats a problem spot.

19your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:10 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

If only the r shell was FB it would be well quick then, prob under 1000kg Smile

20your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:19 pm

lenzo

lenzo

My plans are once my baby born on New Year's take off my 3" exhaust and replace it with my 3.5" that I'm finishing off .. more head work to rise the limiter to 9000 change clutch to a twin plate helix is slipping upping the boost to 2 bar and hopefully break my rr day bhp record Very Happy 

21your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

3.5 Shocked  you would be better off welding some metal dustbins together ....what was your rr record ?

22your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:30 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

lenzo wrote:upping the boost to 2 bar and hopefully break my rr day bhp record Very Happy 
What turbo are you running at 2 bar? And what is your RR BHP record? Question 

I'd love to see a GTiR running 2 bar on a 3076 or bigger............ Shocked 

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

23your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:36 pm

Greygtir wrote:Compared to other car scenes the gtir is dead.as a business choice might be me worth getting something that owners spend money on. 

i know a few people who are into golfs and vw's and some into vauxhalls.yes the gtir scene maybe dying but compared to other car scenes we do spend money i know some making after markets parts for golfs and people will not pay anything for them seems to be just those into jap cars who are willing to spend decent money on parts

24your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:39 pm

i might get around to replacing my clutch.if i do,i might then get around to fitting a wide arch body kit i bought last year

25your plans for next year Empty Re: your plans for next year 15th October 2013, 7:42 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

gonna be stripping the underside of mine and repainting along with getting subframe and all other metal parts poweder coated and new bushings everywhere, hopefully get the rear arches sorted before respraying the whole car, get my big brembos fitted, boost controller and new defi gauges, possibly new bucket seats and a ton of standard parts to replace broken and missing bits on car just now

might go for some more power but means ill have to take the box off and do clutch and flywheel again

also want to do prescott hill climb at some point

Last edited by Digitalfaze on 15th October 2013, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum