Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exhaust wrap

+3
fred05
nomad
pulsarmoley
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Exhaust wrap Empty Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 8:28 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Can anyone tell me if this heat wrap is correct as I'm looking to wrap my exhaust before the RR day, cheers.

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=HSHW311025&a=i

2Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 9:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats the stuff pete .... i find the best way is to soak it first then wrap it it seems to wrap better that way i prefer the wider stuff as with 1inch by the time you overlap it your not working down the pipe to quick .

3Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 10:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers Leighton. Was gonna use the inch stuff for manifold as its tight for space and two inch for downpipe.

4Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah that sounds a good idea mate ...have you got the oe mani ? If you soak it in water it makes it less itchy scratchy aswell as getting it tighter on there does it come with metal ties ?

5Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 10:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yep standard manifold with some light porting. Yeah will soak it as it should be more manageable. Doesn't come with metal ties but I'm gonna try jubilee clips.

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 22nd February 2014, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

6Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 21st July 2013, 10:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180858917954

7Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 22nd July 2013, 5:14 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

You can use métal wires too, it works quite well, and it is cheaper!

8Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 22nd July 2013, 6:01 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im using jubilee clips as I have loads on my van Wink 

9Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 12:35 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

some good links there boys - i want to wrap my FMIC pipes and manifold - was looking at the black wrap - so many different brands - im guessing you get what you pay for - or are they all pretty much the same ?

10Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 1:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Some differ in heat range al so have a read first .... but all pretty much the same tbh ....

11Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 4:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I've ordered this one as it claims to be good for 600 degrees but as Leighton has said they are probably all pretty much the same:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10m-Roll-EXHAUST-Heat-Wrap-Insulating-Tape-Fitting-Kit-THE-BEST-WRAP-UK-SELLER-/170694770459?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be337f1b

Will order the 1 inch size another day but did wonder if cutting this 2inch stuff in half would damage it/weave?

12Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 5:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It probably will but if you wrap downwards with the cut at the bottom it wont make any difference as the lap will be over the cut and the last piece just fold over abit so it isnt exposed Wink 

13Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 5:27 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good thinking there Batman Laughing 

14Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 24th July 2013, 7:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not all just good looks Razz 

15Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 25th July 2013, 12:34 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

pulsarmoley wrote:I've ordered this one as it claims to be good for 600 degrees but as Leighton has said they are probably all pretty much the same:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10m-Roll-EXHAUST-Heat-Wrap-Insulating-Tape-Fitting-Kit-THE-BEST-WRAP-UK-SELLER-/170694770459?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be337f1b

Will order the 1 inch size another day but did wonder if cutting this 2inch stuff in half would damage it/weave?

Let us know what you think of this product when it arrives mate - be good to find out how you rate the quality & if it was easy to apply etc - be good to get some feed back !

16Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 25th July 2013, 5:18 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Will do, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can have a crack at it this weekend, also want to get my turini bumper fitted and replace rocker gasket.

17Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 9:14 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Welling_AL wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:I've ordered this one as it claims to be good for 600 degrees but as Leighton has said they are probably all pretty much the same:

Let us know what you think of this product when it arrives mate - be good to find out how you rate the quality & if it was easy to apply etc - be good to get some feed back !

pulsarmoley wrote:Will do, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can have a crack at it this weekend, also want to get my turini bumper fitted and replace rocker gasket.

was burning some time at work yesterday looking at different products and remembered you had ordered some last year - how did you get on with it ?

18Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 9:26 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

be good to see some pics, did you notice any different in the engine temps or anything? thinking it might be good for helping keep the intercooler pipe that sits above mani a bit cooler?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

19Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 6:47 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I never got round to fitting it  Embarassed 
Just one of the many things on my list of things to do this year. As soon as I do it ill get some pics and report my findings.

20Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 6:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dont forget to soak it in water first pete it really do make a difference when trying to wrap it tight  Wink 

21Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 7:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Digitalfaze wrote:be good to see some pics, did you notice any different in the engine temps or anything? thinking it might be good for helping keep the intercooler pipe that sits above mani a bit cooler?
Very good but please dont wrap the intercooler pipe itsself like i see alot of people do with exhaust wrap if wraping intercooler pipes use the reflective wrap that reflets heat away  but lets heat out from inside out

22Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 7:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would of thought if the manifold was wrapped properly and same as the intercooler it would make no difference what you wrapped it in .

23Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 8:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No mate well i could be wrong but 90 % sure exhaust wrap keeps heat in so gasses well exhaust gasses flow faster hence exit quicker. Intercooler pipes you want the heat out but not in hence use the reflect it lets excess heat out your intercooler pipes but stops engine of exhaust heat entering if that makes sense. I dont explain things when i write them to get the point over but know what i mean.

Basically wraping intercooler pipes with exhaust wrap lets heat in from external influences then it can not get back out so it makes it worse than not wraping it

24Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 8:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No mate i understand what you mean and are saying what i mean is if the manifold is wrapped correctly the heat emitted should be minimal ....

25Exhaust wrap Empty Re: Exhaust wrap 10th January 2014, 8:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I am with you now yes most defo agree with you. Wrap  both with the right stuff or one or the other properly the gains are supprisingly good if you use the better quality products. I was just referencing the amount of cars i have seen manifold n downpipe are wraped and then decided or had spare so wrap intercooler pipes with exhaust wrap not realising that its undoing there hard work as the engine bay heat gets into intercooler pipes and co way out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum