Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Grey Gti-R

+7
Mr B
beau_1990
TurboTom
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
nomad
Scrim_R
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 16th June 2013, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Spill the beans bob ..... about the build ?

27My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 16th June 2013, 10:03 pm

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

LOL, yes it is in our unit Bob! I am going to upload loads of pictures to Russ this week so he can start a thread up. He is a balding Ginger, as I remind him daily about hahaha!! It is certainly going to be an interesting build!! :-)

28My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 16th June 2013, 10:04 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hes got 2 very interesting builds about to commence, one of which is very interesting but il let him tell you himself

mind you being a ginga they say they tell lies and stink of weewee lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

29My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 16th June 2013, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ok well tell russ to hurry up as im intruged now lol .

30My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 9:58 am

fwdben

fwdben

Very nice pulsar! Are you from Leicester then?!

31My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 8:40 pm

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Yes, I live near market harborough mate. Are you local then?

32My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 8:41 pm

fwdben

fwdben

Oh right! Yeah I live in belgrave mate!

33My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 8:47 pm

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Cool, not that far then! Do you come over this area much?

34My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 8:53 pm

fwdben

fwdben

We work in market harborough every now and again! Many pulsars round there?

35My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 8:56 pm

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Cool, tbh i have only ever seen one since i have lived over this way!! Makes it even better when i go out in mine, as i dont think many people around here know what it is LOL!!

36My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 17th June 2013, 10:02 pm

fwdben

fwdben

Yeah! A lot of people don't! Which is a good thing in some ways!

37My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 28th June 2013, 6:45 pm

beau_1990

beau_1990

look what i found on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMPUL-RS-ALLOY-WHEELS-RIMS-4X100-14-6J-STARLET-YARIS-KP61-EP82-EP91-CRX-Civic-/251288866027?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3a81fbcceb

very rare! also note there location! i was told they were on it when it was imported, looks like they really were Smile

38My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 1st July 2013, 12:01 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Nice R Wink  I was actually going to buy this car off beau but was struggling to get my money togeather at the time and the to top things off I I got gearbox problems with my daily runner Mad 
I'm glad to see the car has found a good home, looks like a well spec'd R for the price. Hopefully I will have my R in a few weeks, I will need to makes shure I keep my finances in order though lol I know these old cars can be abit of a money pit and there's so many things im going to want to do to my R when i finally get her, it's going to be a slow process of spending little bits hear and there to get mine exactly how I want it.

39My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Update 5th August 2013, 8:14 pm

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Hi everyone.

I have recently been doing some work on the Pulsar.

First off, I didnt like the fact that the Rad-Tech radiator did not have a bracket on the top to stop it from rubbing on the back of the intercooler. Apparently this is a common problem with the Mark 1 series of this kit. I had Retropower in Hinckley weld me a bracked onto it, and I also had a new nipple for the expanson tank welded on, as the original one had been snapped off, and the car was ran without an expansion tank fitted!?. I am really pleased with the outcome!

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0042_zps0d2ac5d3

Whilst out for a drive a couple of weeks ago, I ended up pulling into a farmers field after the alternator seemed to pack up, and the old girl died. This was later confirmed when we got it back to the unit, and we tested the alternator. This seemed a bit suspect to me, as I have only just bought the car, and a couple of weeks before purchase, there is a receipt for a new battery for the car. Anyway, I have fitted a spare alternator today, and bloody hell does the car move now :-)! Before the alternator fault was found, I did notice that the car was somewhat laggy at times, and became a more common fault recently. I took the car out today, and it ran as sweet as a nut!

The next thing that has been changed is the stupid orange rocker cover and oil seperator tank. This was on the top of the list to get done, as I really did not like it at all! When I removed the rocker cover, I came across clear silicone sealant that had been used as a gasket!! I was not happy at all about this, and so cleaned it all off and had a good look around the cams etc to try and make sure that there wasnt any in there after removal. To top this off, the pipe from the bottom of the oil seperator was not connected correctly, and oil was everywhere. I have now resprayed the tank, and put new hoses on it.

Before:

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0010_zps0297b1f7

After:

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0182_zpsca0715b2

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0186_zpscbc78874

After this was complete, I noticed that the strut brace had been tightened down onto the silver metal box in the top right of the photo, which had bent the base of the frame quite badly! I dont understand how someone would miss this, and just tighten it down and not realise that its not sitting correctly? Anyway, I have now corrected this, and thankfully it seems to be ok.

The rear seats that had been put in were not correctly installed, and the brackets that the upper parts of the seats slot into were not installed. I have since put all of the brackets in.

Next jobs are to remove the intercooler pipework, and get some new pipe fabricated up, and get rid of that ugly orange silicone hose. Get a new rear bumper off bob, and give the old girl a full service. I will also be getting the alloys refurbed, as they have been painted with a paintbrush by the looks of it!

All in all though, I am really enjoying the car now, as I have spent a few hours just generally getting to know how it drives, and tidying it up. Im looking forward to the rolling road day, and meeting up with whoever is going.

A few pics recently, just after I cleaned it:

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0112_zps26a40747

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0074_zpsf3cb5064

My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 IMG_0071_zps93322c29

Thanks,

Scrim_R Very Happy

40My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 5th August 2013, 8:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Sounds like you been busy fella, looks like she's coming along nicely

41My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 5th August 2013, 9:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Phew makes me tired just reading all the list lol .... glad you have near sorted it out its all the niggly bits that make a difference ..Wink 

42My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 5th August 2013, 9:49 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Must be somthing in the air .. Mines grey and my alt failed about 6 weeks ago ..
Also noticed your side vents are black just like mine .
Are all grey R's like this? Was it an option from factory? Or just changed by previous owner .
Mine came from japan with black vents

43My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 6th August 2013, 5:35 am

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Nomad - Yes, i have done other bits too, the list just goes on LOL! But thats part of the fun to me. I have to admit, it really does annoy me though when you find stupid basic things that are done incorrectly. Im no mechanic, but its obvious you don't put silicone sealant as a gasket for a rocker cover!? I have since discovered a snapped bolt on the turbo elbow, so this is blowing. this will be getting sorted asap, and one of the bolts on an engine mount has been forced in, and only gone in half way Mad. I will get some pics to show you what I mean.

GTIR_R_LOW - Do you mean the bonnet side vents? If so it must be the pictures as mine are grey lol. What symptoms did you get when your alternator packed up?

44My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 7th August 2013, 9:08 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

They look so BLACK on that last picture ...Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
ABS light came on and Mine started to missfire when i was driving and then when i looked at the power fc display it showed the batttery voltage as 8.8 volts , Managed to make it to a car park and she cut out

45My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 7th August 2013, 9:36 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Looking good Matt, nice to see some pics of it, all being well see you at the Rolling Road Day Smile

46My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 8th August 2013, 10:27 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

looking good matt, you've been working hard fella
tell the ginga russ to give me a bell because if he still wants that rb box and spares for it then il be removing it soon as fitting my new dogbox, hes not insulted me for a while now and im getting withdrawal symptoms lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

47My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 14th September 2013, 9:06 pm

beau_1990

beau_1990

hi, aint been on here in a while! just so you know i didnt do any of the dodgy stuff on the car! all i did was fix it! the bolt on the engine mount i did see that but left it alone because the 2 bolts either side were in fine so i saw that causing no issue.

(i admit i did not fully fit the rear seats though as i lost the bracket and bob gave me another and i dont think i ever did get round to putting it on!)

to be honest i only came on here because i want it back.... lol, loved this car, let me know if you sell it

and the alternator was working fine when i had it, i drove to halfords, when i came out i had a flat battery, so i had a battery and alternator test done, they priced up a battery (too expensive) so i got one from euro's

48My Grey Gti-R - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grey Gti-R 15th September 2013, 2:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nice improvements & when intercooling pipes done proper it will look a complete proper job.
Can't believe radtec went through initial development without thinking it needed a bracket :-O
One of the big problems with used UK GTiRs is all the small rectification jobs you may find from previous bad DIY tinkering, sometimes it can be a cock to put right but seems most your fixes been reasonably easy so far.
Nice to see a job done right rather than the lazy way so best of luck with her ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum