Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jap Show At Santa Pod

+6
Scrim_R
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
hreggtir
Girl racer
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like a good day was had ..... was it really hot .... i went to do a bit on the shell and walked straight back indoors Razz 

27Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 9:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep was good to meet you kerime and rich too Cool  as well as everyone else that came along in their pulsars

first time ive ever ran a car on dragstrip and got 11.5 with no launch and 126 terminal and that's with a bootfull of tools and stuff lol.

thanks to whoever phoned me whilst I was on the line waiting for green light (impeccable timing) my reaction time was completely boogered  up and I was well slow off the line on that run Suspect 

if I had launched it with the same reaction times as previous runs it would have been in the 10s

think theres some pics and vids kicking about, ive got one which il try upload tomorrow

gotta say though that this drag racing malachy I found well boring and not a patch on doing a proper trackday but the rest of you's that turned up made it a good fun day out
so thanks for that everybody cheers

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

28Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 9:51 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hello Lieghton, yes it was very hot when the sun did come out!
Bob it was lovely to meet you too at long last!! Smile

29Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 9:54 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sounds like a good day Smile I was on my way to Bedford early this morning & saw a lot of nice motors going the other way on the motorway. Spotted a black GTR looking like he was panicing to slow down & make the turn off for santa pod on the motorway, so may have been Bob? Laughing 

30Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 9:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

what time did you get back?
the m1 traffic was a nightmare and m25 wasn't much better

yes was hot Leighton even my Essex spraytan was melting lol

haha no wasn't me gazz as I have to watch fuel consumption so rigidly stick to 56mph Laughing

31Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 10:08 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

We left at 3pm and got home at 6pm as there was quite alot of traffic Rolling Eyes

32Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 30th June 2013, 10:49 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

got 4 runs in on the saturday, 14.2,14.5,13.9 and a 13.8 was pleased with that with standard boost, and beat a 400 bhp lancer a subaru and a corsa vxr. we'll forget about the 1.6 sierra Embarassed

33Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 6:17 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's a good effort, I wanna put mine up the strip again as I only managed a 14.2 on a near standard car. Love the adrenalin, anything on the strip that got peoples attention?

34Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 11:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I raced matt on here (scrim) and hes running supposedly 375bhp yet he only got 13. something yet beat me off the line whilst my phone rang lol

so the way I see it is that 13s is a pretty normal time for a gtir some people hit 12s but its not just down to power your running its down to a lot of other things too
like yesterday there was a strong headwind, it was hot also so all these things need to be accounted for.
and finally it comes down to mechanical sympathy..........ive never ever liked launching any car as im thinking of the stress on clutch and gearbox and in my logic its just not worth it as I mentioned earlier.
but if money is no object and you don't give a shite about the mechanicals then no doubt by launching the car you could deffo get a good time providing you don't cock up your gear changes.
I would rather go home with a 13-14 sec run and have a working car rather than towing home a pile of broken engine/gearbox parts lol

as for attention on the strip it had to be firefox, and the 7sec bikes which are awesome

35Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 8:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah I reckon I could of got high 13's if I had launched harder but like you say its not worth the repair bill if it goes wrong. Them bikes are insane!

36Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 9:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bobs
https://m695.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/nomad29_bucket/VID-20130701-WA0001.mp4.html?o=0

Last edited by nomad on 1st July 2013, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

37Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 9:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers Leighton, I just couldn't upload it for some reason

that was the 11.5 sec run when racing scrims pulsar

38Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No problems bob i had abit of trouble uploading it myself but got there in the end Wink 

39Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 9:55 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cant see the link Leighton? wont open it up?

40Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 10:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Either link i posted should work as its a link to my photobucket account .... what are you viewing it on gaz ?

41Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 10:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxwd3gdPIg8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Just for you gaz Wink 

42Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 1st July 2013, 10:15 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

On pc Leighton. Yep just watched it on youtube.

She's not shy Bob Wink sounds awsome

43Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 6:06 pm

Wocka

Wocka

i ran 13.3 at japshow, just trying to get my video on youtube

44Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 7:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ah think I saw you there
has your one got plastic windows?

you should have popped over to say hello as there was a few of us where the gtr stand was, the pulsars gatecrashed there stand lol

45Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 7:51 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Wocka wrote:i ran 13.3 at japshow, just trying to get my video on youtube

hello, see you go down a couple of times, think it was you i was talking to just after you parked up

46Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 8:17 pm

Wocka

Wocka

Wish i had popped down to say hello, we all took seprate runs so watched there runs and then ran mine so was a busy day, only stopped for food haha.
Yeah bob mine has plastic windows mate, lovely in that weather :/
I was happy with my time considering i didnt launch it, was too scared haha

Yeah hregtir that would of been me. Was going to ask hu i spoke to there, i made sure i watched as many of the pulsars run as i could

My video is taking ages to upload, big file from the go pro :/

47Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 8:31 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Wocka wrote:Wish i had popped down to say hello, we all took seprate runs so watched there runs and then ran mine so was a busy day, only stopped for food haha.
Yeah bob mine has plastic windows mate, lovely in that weather :/
I was happy with my time considering i didnt launch it, was too scared haha

Yeah hregtir that would of been me. Was going to ask hu i spoke to there,  i made sure i watched as many of the pulsars run as i could

My video is taking ages to upload, big file from the go pro  :/

did my runs on saturday, came through unscathed so didn't want to push my luck going sunday as well Very Happy 

48Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 8:32 pm

Wocka

Wocka

Thought u were queing up when i saw u? What were u launching at?

49Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 8:44 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Wocka wrote:Thought u were queing up when i saw u? What were u launching at?

i had my 2 boys with me , and i was parked on that green verge to your right as you drove down to the club bit
about 0.5

50Jap Show At Santa Pod - Page 2 Empty Re: Jap Show At Santa Pod 3rd July 2013, 8:48 pm

Wocka

Wocka

Ohhhh sorry i know who you are now Very Happy i briefly spoke to another lad in a grey gtir and confused me. Was good to meet and chat to you

What did you run again?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum