Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

patrick the pulsar

+16
vvlwezz
gtir_pimp
Bones
johnny gtir
Gl3nnGTIR
Rot box revival!
gtirx2
Concrete-GTIR
buckym120
scotty6860
fred05
johnboy
pulsarmoley
Stu
nomad
GTIR James
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 2:59 pm

GTIR James

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 5575044a0f492d067140d6bb28514aad_zps18d7120f

This pic clearly shows oil coming up via oil control rings & past compression rings  Shocked 

Last edited by GTIR James on 1st August 2014, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

152patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 2:59 pm

GTIR James

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Abba9f83718fe09f9b9ee9ec438d8e89_zps15f71303

153patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 3:05 pm

GTIR James

Funny thing is. I spoke to the guy & his told me to do more miles in it....... Wtf if there's damage it's only going to get worse. Idiot

154patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 4:58 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Oh dear, for the guy to tell you to keep driving when the walls are clearly scored just shows hes a twat, iv never heard of that before. Hope you get sorted mate

155patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 5:49 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

sounds stupid alot of new style rings need drove harder than they did a few year ago due to more moddrn materials used. but not once scoring like this

156patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 6:08 pm

GTIR James

The engine was run in as per engineers recommendations so don't think the way I have run it in has caused the scores. We will see. I'm just waiting to hear back from him as want to no if he wants to carry out compression, leak down tests on the engine before it's removed. Even tho I've done them myself. Just hope the block isn't to badly damaged....

157patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 6:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I did not mean you. I was more referring to the fact as you mentioned its not right and he says drive it more

158patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 7:47 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I just read the bit that said you fitted the z32, injectors and nistune.
Could that have anything to do with it as the ecu isn't mapped for your car yet?
I got mine all changed just before it was mapped as it would run like shit or not at all without at least a base map.
But then again I don't know if that would damage the engine in a different way

159patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 8:14 pm

GTIR James

Wouldn't have thought so mate as I didn't drive the car with the z32, 700s & nistune. Just fitted them to make sure the car ran. I was then going to recover the car to place of mapping.

160patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 8:47 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Yeah that wouldn't have caused it then, thought you meant you had been driving about a lot after fitting them.

Hope it gets sorted

161patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 1st August 2014, 9:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

No James borrowed a stock ecu and set of injectors from me so he could run the engine in safely so it's just running a stock map so that could never cause this kind of damage

I still say my earlier theory is correct especially after seeing the pics, broken oil control ring when fitting the pistons to cylinders.
You have to be so carefully when they are fitted, if they don't tap in straight away you have to stop to check they are fully clamped because as said they can break easily and once the piston is in the cylinder you can't see as the compression rings hide them from view.

Chin up James just pull the lump out again and whip the head and sump off and see what's happened

If you need any help or have trouble with the guy and need a written report then give me a shout and il sort you out something in writing from us

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

162patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 2nd August 2014, 7:15 am

GTIR James

Thanks bob. I think the guy seems pretty genuine so should be ok about sorting it but you never no. He could be a arse. Only time will tell.

163patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 4th August 2014, 8:07 pm

GTIR James

Had a bit of time on the car yesterday & this evening.
The engine is ready to drop out again. I took the turbo off tonight to check the exhaust ports....... Cyl 2&3 are soaking. Oil everywhere.
Cyl 4 I can see oil around the stem of the guide. Turbo is bone dry with hardly any play.
Will get the engine down to the engineer. Have told him I will be there whilst he strips it so I can see what has failed.

164patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 4th August 2014, 8:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry to hear the bad news james ... what engineer shop do you use mate ???

165patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 4th August 2014, 10:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah don't blame you James especially after what he's charged you to build it
Tbh I think you would have been better building it yourself at least you know what's what then but your kind of in a catch 22 at the moment unfortunately

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

166patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 10th August 2014, 10:02 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Any news on the engine James?

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

167patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 6:40 pm

GTIR James

I'm supposed to be taking it down to him on Saturday. I haven't pulled the lump out yet...... Rolling Eyes
It's hanging in there on the 3 mounts ready to drop on the floor. I'm going to drop it on Friday after work hopefully.
Kind of lost the heart for it now tho. I will get the engine sorted & back in & see how I feel then  Embarassed 

168patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 6:45 pm

GTIR James

Forgot to add I pulled the turbo off last week & can see oil around a few valve guides (I even had spanking new bronze valve guides fitted) grrrrrrr
I can also see oil coming up from combustion chamber & 3 exhaust ports are wet.
Will add pics shortly.

169patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 7:00 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Will be interesting to see what's happened but 3 wet ports certainly don't sound good, he's obviously made a glaringly bad error on something, maybe he's not fitted the guides correctly, won't really know till she's pulled apart and you can see for yourself

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

170patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 7:10 pm

GTIR James

Not looking good

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Imagejpg1_zps1b24b357

171patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 7:11 pm

GTIR James

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Imagejpg3_zps43919727

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Imagejpg2_zpsc18752da

172patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 7:11 pm

GTIR James

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 185ae8c27ad976886784ce57f9989fc6_zps9ef87f61

173patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 7:14 pm

GTIR James

patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Imagejpg5_zps68686df7

174patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 11th August 2014, 8:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah looks like all the valve guides or stem seals are leaking then oil dripping on to top of the piston in which case at least it won't be bottom end if that is the case

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

175patrick the pulsar  - Page 7 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 27th August 2014, 10:48 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Any news on what happened James?

Services provided