Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quaife Rear ATB

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quaife Rear ATB Empty Quaife Rear ATB 12th February 2021, 8:50 am

Marcello

Marcello

Hi Everyone,

As the title suggests, I am currently in deep talks with Quaife to develop one of their quality Rear ATB LSDs for the GTI-R rear end.

They are open to the idea of a group buy!

However, they will require a sample LSD & both Drive Shafts to start the CAD Drawings along with an estimate price for the Unit.

As I am personally located in Australia & Quaife is located in the UK, is anyone from the club happy to assist here? I am more than happy to Pay for postage to send the samples to Quaife and also happy to pay the return of the item.

I feel this is a great opportunity for all GTI-R owners worldwide and to upgrade the ageing vLSD.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Marcello.

PS- I am also posting this request on another gtir forum.

2Quaife Rear ATB Empty Re: Quaife Rear ATB 12th February 2021, 5:48 pm

Zia

Would have thought you would enquire from modena they closer to you and do a rear gtir diff.

Zia

3Quaife Rear ATB Empty Re: Quaife Rear ATB 26th February 2021, 8:27 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was about to suggest the above what would quaife do different. Mind it would possibly be a advantage for uk buyers

4Quaife Rear ATB Empty Re: Quaife Rear ATB 1st March 2021, 5:58 pm

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Just surprised why Quaife for the rear diff? Maybe i'm a bit biased towards a clutch pack style LSD.

And to my understand Modena Engineering does make a Torsen front diff and a clutch pack style LSD for the centre and rear diff.

Not saying Helical/ Quaife style is bad... it is just that i find they do not provide sufficient locking or more like the wheels still spins as long 1 wheel is in the air.

Maybe i'm also quite biased when i swapped out a Helical front diff to a Nismo front diff... the performance felt day and night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum