Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

magnetic tool holder

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1magnetic tool holder Empty magnetic tool holder 10th August 2020, 6:48 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Been awhile since a post in this section.

Brought these magnetic tool holders. They have magnets on the bottom which hold it solidly to the bottom of your toolbox. You can also cut them down which is handy. I was actually surprised how much space that was made available by adding these in the drawer. Very happy with them.

magnetic tool holder 2020-08-10-163119

magnetic tool holder IMG-6429

The spanner set I use the most is in a roll bag, makes it easier to pick up and go where ever, im terrible at knowing which size I need and hate having to crawl out from under the car 3 times because I got the wrong size Laughing

2magnetic tool holder Empty Re: magnetic tool holder 10th August 2020, 12:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What always amazes me is they don't come on better holder racks or blow moulded trays when buy them, most a huge amount of packaging expense just to throw away .

What I like about rail organisers is easy see if socket or wrench still on the job .
I like taking a short rail of sockets to the job .
Asian cars easy sizes with JIS .
what mid range tool brands big in Oz , is toolpro any good ?

3magnetic tool holder Empty Re: magnetic tool holder 10th August 2020, 11:46 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I actually had a look for some moulded trays and couldn’t really find anything, at least these you can move around and do that what you want.

I use some toolpro products, some things can be abit dodgy but overall they aren’t bad for the price. I’ve never been someone to buy expensive brands it just isn’t worth it for your average diy person. I have a 24 piece SCA spanner set I brought a decade ago for less than $100 I think, it’s the main set I use and every piece is going strong. I’ve only broken one by smashing on it with a decent sized hammer.

4magnetic tool holder Empty Re: magnetic tool holder 11th August 2020, 12:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh a lot of the taiwan tools can be very good and it easy source in asia at good prices .
taiwan oems like high five and rotar have contracts with facom and snapon so know how and have resources make quality tools .
with little bit due diligence it actually quite hard buy completely awful tools these days .
Most of the best air and hand tool innovation and new patents come out of taiwan currently .

Like you say clip rails and wrench racks are customizable if add an item or want it fit in a drawer in a certain way .

I do like blow moulded trays when supplied with set you buy but can be limited to how useful it is in time .
I here a lot about toolpro but never really seen the tools, assume it house brand of supercheap auto ?
Pretty much all tool brands have areas they do well or poorly, even snapon lol .

5magnetic tool holder Empty Re: magnetic tool holder 11th August 2020, 6:57 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good question, yeah im pretty sure toolpro is exclusive to supercheap, after abit of googling I think they actually made by Stanley and they are still sidcrome spec. I have toolpro cordless drill and couldn't be happier with it. The flexible head socket spanners and the deep offset ring spanners are a new additional, wish I got them a long time ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum