Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pulled my engine apart today and found 2 oil squirters in the oil pick-up

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

r called jay

Evening,
I've finally pulled and engine apart today that I've had sat on the engine stand for 6 years!!!!
Some good news, some bad.
So I found 2 broken off oil squirters in the oil pick-up, which were from cyl 2 and 3 :-(
To my surprise I also found CP pistons whick look in good condition, BUT they don't have any cut outs for the oil squirters and I can't find any part numbers on them to check they are for our engine.
I take it that the correct CP pistons for our motor should have cut outs for the oil squirters?
Cheers, Ben.

astarozna

astarozna

Should be easy to see the cutouts, maybe were installed the wrong way round if all 4 are CP and 1 and 4 squirters are intact.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

likely a case of early ones used for 54C not specific in having a notch .
I remember some fitting CP in early days sourced cheap from US and stating didn't need notching as skirts shorter than standard and just cleared, some people tweaked squirter give little more clearance, Is easy add notches and as skirts are shorter only need millimetre depth .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum