Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? Empty Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? 26th November 2019, 10:02 am

r called jay

Hi guys,
I'm just planning an engine rebuild after sulking for 4+ years when it last went pop.
Is there such thing as an uprated oil pump or will a new standard pump be good enough?
And is there a need to further baffle the sump if using the car on track.
My last engine spun the big end shell on cyl 4 on track at Rockingham.
Cheers,
Ben.

2Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? Empty Re: Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? 26th November 2019, 8:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Times change but no uprated pump as far as I know. There used to be few year back a part to change the internal. Baffled sump was something I looked into few years ago and only ones available are 200sx which don’t fit and baffle the wrong way. Would need to be a custom one. Some people just over fill the oil. Accusump or similar would this work ?
See if others agree or have a opinion

3Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? Empty Re: Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? 27th November 2019, 3:45 am

ducie54

ducie54

Nothing wrong with the stock pump. I've make a spacer for mine and fitted one way flaps. I think I ended up using a 15mm spacer.

https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/7452-the-d-sr20vet-project/?do=findComment&comment=257008

4Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? Empty Re: Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? 27th November 2019, 9:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I had forgotten you had done that, looks good.

5Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? Empty Re: Uprated oil pump? Baffled sump? 16th December 2019, 8:24 am

r called jay

That's good to know that the standard pump ia good, thanks.
Don't suppose you could copy and paste that Oz post onto here as I don't have permission to see it, and I've just registered there aswell but still no joy.
Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum