Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

power steering switch

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1power steering switch Empty power steering switch 29th March 2019, 9:13 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So im running a custom made power steering line. I have a dash 6 fittings off the rack and the pump. I no longer have the factory hard line.

I want to incorporate a power steering switch in some upgrades im making.

My plan was to use a fitting like this:

power steering switch Fitting213

But i need to use 1/8 power steering switch, as I cant find these fittings any bigger.

Anyone have any recommendations on a 1/8 switch I could use? or any other options? Im running haltech not a factory ECU btw.

Otherwise Laughing

power steering switch 4japan

2power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 29th March 2019, 11:40 am

mike74

mike74

What thread does the factory switch have on it? Could you not buy an adapter to cross from whatever the factory switch is back to your 1/8" (NPT?) connection? (see below)
power steering switch Npt11

3power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 29th March 2019, 9:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah of course! i didn't think about that, thanks mate.

i don't have the factory sensor but its bigger than 1/8. I could just use something like this then.

power steering switch 2019-03-30-064805

Out of curiosity, where is the factory sensor in the high pressure line? Because im thinking if I mount the sensor on the pump or rack end? or doesnt matter

4power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 29th March 2019, 11:13 pm

mike74

mike74

Dunno where it is mate, been wondering the same thing myself! If you find it let me know furryboots it is please Smile

5power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 31st March 2019, 7:38 am

ducie54

ducie54

I bought an adaptor that goes from the factory switch to a male 1/8 npt thread. Got it in Australia from a 4wd shop, will have to go though my emails to find the place.

6power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 31st March 2019, 7:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks buddy, was it this one?

https://www.marks4wd.com/mfc640.html

Thats what I brought anyway.

7power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 31st March 2019, 10:55 am

ducie54

ducie54

That company sounds familiar. I do recall having to drill the center section out a little tho. So keep that in mind before you screw it down hard.

8power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 31st March 2019, 10:15 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I thought about that because the end of ps switch sticks out abit but that adapter looked longer than others I found. Either way looks like can make work

9power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 31st March 2019, 10:45 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Mine hasn't leaked in the last few years. If you need a new plug efi hardware sell them.

10power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 1st April 2019, 9:30 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks mate, onto it thumbsup

11power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 10th April 2019, 7:54 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Got the adapter no drilling required Smile

power steering switch IMG-5173

What i have found though, is the 1/8 npt on the adapter only screws in about 3 turns. While another npt thread I have is about 5 turns. I think that's basically the minimal amount right?

12power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 10th April 2019, 10:09 am

mike74

mike74

1/8" NPT should screw in 3.5-6 turns, or about 1/4" thread engagement. Are you putting on PTFE tape before trial fitting it or just bare? Strictly speaking NPT's aren't sealing threads so they need a little tape on them...which may make your ~3 turns engagement even worse!

13power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 10th April 2019, 12:19 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Just run a 1/8 npt tap through the thread. You may find that because it's only a dash 6 fitting you cant get the npt tap in as far as needed. I have a cut down tap here if u wanted to borrow it.

14power steering switch Empty Re: power steering switch 10th April 2019, 9:27 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks guys! Yeah mike, that’s no tape just bare, I would def like to have more thread engagement.

Nigel, I’ll take you up on that offer mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum