Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Running Rich

+2
DC313
Return of the Winter R
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Running Rich Empty Running Rich 2nd March 2019, 1:11 pm

Return of the Winter R

Return of the Winter R

Hello Guys

The Pulsar is running very rich and lumpy around 1000 - 1500 rpm, worsening as it warms up; i have changed the plugs, leads, rotor arm, cap and checked the various vacuum hoses and can not see anything that jumps out.

Is there anything else i could replace or look at?

The car has done very little miles over 8 years, averaging about 300 miles per year, could it need a good run out?

Thanks for your help.

RTWR

2Running Rich Empty Re: Running Rich 2nd March 2019, 2:19 pm

DC313

DC313

Might need the maf cleaning? Alcohol spray is good for the wire as it’s very sensitive, could also be a dodgy maf earth? And ecu temp sensors can make things play up. Have you tried a fault code check?

3Running Rich Empty Re: Running Rich 2nd March 2019, 3:17 pm

mike74

mike74

Could be the injectors gunged up if its been sitting for a while. Try running a bottle of archoil 6400p or bg44k through in a full tank...certainly wont hurt it anyway Smile

4Running Rich Empty Re: Running Rich 3rd March 2019, 10:24 am

Zia

Could also be an air leak

zia

5Running Rich Empty Re: Running Rich 19th May 2019, 1:51 am

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

Return of the Winter R wrote:Hello Guys

The Pulsar is running very rich and lumpy around 1000 - 1500 rpm, worsening as it warms up; i have changed the plugs, leads, rotor arm, cap and checked the various vacuum hoses and can not see anything that jumps out.

Is there anything else i could replace or look at?

The car has done very little miles over 8 years, averaging about 300 miles per year, could it need a good run out?

Thanks for your help.

RTWR

Check your Oxygen sensor also...

6Running Rich Empty Re: Running Rich 19th May 2019, 10:06 am

ducie54

ducie54

I would be looking to see the the ect temp the ECU is reading.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum