Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small issue with the box

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Small issue with the box Empty Small issue with the box 18th January 2019, 3:31 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Right, after rebuild when dry running the gears all was fine, after puting it back in the car filling with oil and got it running. First couldn't engage forth and after some fiddle got it stuck in first and that's it. Now me thinking that selector rod issue, either the springs are to lose or to tight? Anything else should i look at before i drop the box...again???Small issue with the box Yxtctl10

2Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 18th January 2019, 9:15 pm

mike74

mike74

Might be a long shot but, have you tried disconnecting the gear linkage from the box and changed gear using vise grips? Hopefully its something simple but good luck regardless!

3Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 6:53 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

When you dry ran it, was it before the cover fitted? Sometimes, fitting the cover knocks the internal shifter into a gear and jams it.
Is the weighted reverse pendulum secured into the case? I suppose if it wasn't it would be leaking.
If all worked fine with the cover on, then like Mike says, sounds more likely to be external linkage.

4Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 6:57 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ I was just about to say you might have some thoughts, and you already posted as a clicked send lol

5Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 7:01 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

gtir_woody wrote:^ I was just about to say you might have some thoughts, and you already posted as a clicked send lol

No worries. Heard in the new here that you're having a bit of decent weather down under? Send some this way, it's snowing and it's -3c flower

6Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 8:03 am

astarozna

astarozna

mike74 wrote:Might be a long shot but, have you tried disconnecting the gear linkage from the box and changed gear using vise grips? Hopefully its something simple but good luck regardless!
Will try that, thanks!

Cosmic73 wrote:When you dry ran it, was it before the cover fitted? Sometimes, fitting the cover knocks the internal shifter into a gear and jams it.
Is the weighted reverse pendulum secured into the case? I suppose if it wasn't it would be leaking.
If all worked fine with the cover on, then like Mike says, sounds more likely to be external linkage.
Tried it when all was put together with a long screwdriver and all gear clicked in perfectly while rotating diff

gtir_woody wrote:^ I was just about to say you might have some thoughts, and you already posted as a clicked send lol

Great minds think alike...lol

7Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cosmic73 wrote:

No worries. Heard in the new here that you're having a bit of decent weather down under? Send some this way, it's snowing and it's -3c flower

It hasnt been too bad where I am, a bit hot though Laughing I dunno how you manage, ill be in london in may so hopefully its nice.

8Small issue with the box Empty Re: Small issue with the box 19th January 2019, 9:25 am

astarozna

astarozna

gtir_woody wrote:
Cosmic73 wrote:

It hasnt been too bad where I am, a bit hot though Laughing I dunno how you manage, ill be in london in may so hopefully its nice.
Have someone in Adelaid ...+40C and we have -8 i think and frozen lakes with snow but my car is stuck in 1st gear ....grrr.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum