Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutches

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clutches  Empty Clutches 12th October 2018, 9:18 am

Whytie

Whytie

What clutch is out there that can handle around 400-450bhp same torque and is not a paddle clutch, one that doesn’t do your tits in driving.

Got a stage 4 competition clutch in, got a stage 2 competition clutch on shelf, not sure what that can take.

What options are out there

2Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 12th October 2018, 9:33 am

mike74

mike74

I've got a stage 2 CC clutch and its pretty heavy to use, especially in traffic. Its never slipped or missed a beat but I'm nowhere near 400bhp unfortunately
Probably not much help for you mate, lol!

3Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 12th October 2018, 1:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I use a stage 3 CC and takes that torque okay .
stage 4 6puk sprung plate mixed with a lighter clamp rate cover makes versatile clutch .
Lot like the act pucks mixed with sensible clamp rate cover .
cc full face high brass material friction plates not really up to abuse of 450lbft

4Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 12th October 2018, 2:33 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Ahh thought as much, guess just need to live with it for now, stage 4 clutch and nismo lsd is annoying in traffic

5Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 12th October 2018, 5:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

yeh plated front diffs are a total cock on a daily commute drive, torsen work real nice for tarmac use .
sprung 6puks not too bad with lighter cover but the segmented full disc type better again for road use .

6Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 12th October 2018, 8:32 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

mike74 wrote:I've got a stage 2 CC clutch and its pretty heavy to use, especially in traffic. Its never slipped or missed a beat but I'm nowhere near 400bhp unfortunately
Probably not much help for you mate, lol!

Weird I've just put my forged lump in with stage 2 cc and honestly is lighter than my old Nismo....

I think stage 2 was 450 lb/ft 450hp (might be wrong)

7Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 14th October 2018, 11:17 am

Whytie

Whytie

That would be sweet of it can handle close to that,

8Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 14th October 2018, 12:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

realistically on a awd and R's potential power delivery it about 350 range to have some reliability/life .
The discontinued Helix HD done little over 400 but needed some care .
Way better off with sprung segmented ceramic and lighter clamp cover over full face and utra heavy covers . I can use segmented ceramic in city traffic not much bother .

9Clutches  Empty Re: Clutches 14th October 2018, 12:28 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I did use the helix organic with heavy duty cover, that was first clutch I had In it, last about 1000 mile before I started to slip

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum