Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cleaning aluminium

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cleaning aluminium Empty Cleaning aluminium 6th August 2018, 7:10 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So I decided to clean some parts this weekend. I looked at a few options and decided to do it myself rather than other methods such as sand blasting etc.

Here's a before photo.

Cleaning aluminium IMG_4776

I used this liquid cleaner which contains Hydrofluoric Acid and sulfuric acid. Following the instructions I mixed 1 part cleaner to 7 parts cold water and let the parts sit for awhile and not to let the cleaner completely dry. I was super careful and wore gloves and eye protection.

Cleaning aluminium 2018-07-30_172633

The next steps were to use a pressure washer and clean the parts. I gave the parts a quick wash with the hose before using the pressure washer. This is a good idea as I ended up covered in water rather than the chemical cleaner.

Cleaning aluminium IMG_4778

This is the final result. Not 100% but depending how picky you are it does the job rather good. I might still end up painting the parts in an OEM cast aluminium spray paint but all around I think it does a good job. If i did it again im pretty sure id get a better result with better placement of cleaner in certain areas and leaving it sit longer. Anyway just thought id share Smile

Cleaning aluminium IMG_4777

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum