Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bearing race removal from hub spindle

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bearing race removal from hub spindle  Empty Bearing race removal from hub spindle 2nd August 2018, 10:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Quick way remove a race off hub spindle or similar with mapp or acetylene

Always have some form of heat at hand ...

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Wow that works really quick

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I always run a bead of MIG weld around it, it expands it enough that it just falls right off

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yep that another way.
works quick even with simple mapp torch and it clean .
I used a 2 leg puller which has clamp screw keep feet lip in situ for years but used mapp other day as puller too short and it works so quick will be using it more often .
Do have the 2pc clamps in a hydraulic puller set but they quite slow setup/use .

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wow il be getting a torch Wink

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I've seen one garage hammer it off with a chisel in similar time.
Oxy method is much cooler tho,

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I'm telling you, the welding method is much easier and faster. The MIG bead will expand the race and it will literally just fall off. Most people would be more likely to have a welder in their garage than an acetylene torch lol. I mean, either way works, I suppose it's down to whatever you have at your disposal. (I have both for the record)

Map gas wouldn't be enough heat, you need Oxy/Acetylene for enough heat to get that effect. You'd be there all day with a MAP torch

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

mapp, propane or acetylene does it, I got mapp on my kit mainly as got cheap source for mapp .
Indeed most likely have mig over torch kit
disc cutter and chisel works but bit messy
2 leg puller (sliding beam type) and bolt plate clamp keep legs pressed in works pretty easy too and what I used mostly for decades, can grind 2 notches to improve clamp feet grip, puller is pretty cheap these days and easy make a bolt plate clamp for it .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum