Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 17th January 2016, 4:54 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I cant remove my input shaft bearing as my puller (ooer) isnt long enough. Shocked
I also wont be able to fit the new one because i dont have a press, or the various rings, tubes.

(The taper outer races aren't an issue because i simply heated the case and they popped right out.)

However i cant remove the diff inner races because my puller isnt big enough:shock:  

So i thought id bite the bullet and buy a new bearing removal kit.

There's loads of puller, pusher kits out there which do different sizes but theyre expensive and i dont want buy multiple kits and have overlap tools.

Anyone recomend  a single bearing removal/fitting kit that could do the lot?
Cheers
Very Happy

2Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 1:17 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Did you ever get to the bottom of this??

3Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 7:24 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

No responses, Sad
However, this week i found out our maintainence dept has a 10 ton press which ive used to do the input and mainshadpft bearings. Very Happy
Ive only the diff bearings to do now, but im stumped because theres no slots for a puller to fit behind.

4Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 10:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Something like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&ei=aQOgVtiaIMTRO-nBg7gN&q=tool+for+rear+diff+bearings&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.41l3.0.0.0.2883.1.1.0.0.0.0.203.203.2-1.1.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.202.3.ob9muIjGaSk#imgrc=X26Xw-V6hZ-pSM%3A

5Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 10:30 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Or if you're brave get angle grinder make cut tap it with hammer and chisel I've done it like that couple of times

6Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 10:46 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Well that wasn't the kinda thing i was expecting! I know who to shout if I need one though Smile

7Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 10:56 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I do it like that on hub bearings too just cut it as close as possible and tap inside of cut till it breaks
something like that 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2UMq7rtUko

8Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 20th January 2016, 11:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive done many of bearings that way albeit with a bigger grinder than a dremmel ....

9Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 10:08 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

The LH bearing has slots behind it and popped straight off, the RH bearing butts right up against the LSD case and has nothing!
I might have to grind it off like Mike shows in the clip.

The diss-assembly procedure in the workshop manual tells you to remove the final drive gear (which ive done) so i was kind of hoping it would open up a gap,
But it doesn't Shocked

As if by magic, the next process is pressing the bearings back on.
ball age

10Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 7:32 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Here's a pic of what i mean,
Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Image_zpsbdnhigd0

See how theres no gap between the bearing race and lsd

11Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 8:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you tried levering it up with a screwdriver or similar ???? ...

12Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 8:49 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

The photo is a bit deceiving,
The bearing cage makes it look like theres a gap, but under the cage the inner race is totally flush with lsd.
The pressfit is too high to lever it up, Sad
It Looks like the only way is to angle grind it Shocked

13Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 9:23 pm

splmum

splmum

Have you tried this type of removal tool. As you close the silver parts they, with their bevelled edge, press under the edge lip of the bearing and as you continue to tighten them so they pressure the bearing off.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Pcs-Bearing-Splitter-Gear-Puller-Fly-Wheel-Separator-Tool-Set-With-Box-Blue-/252116381710?hash=item3ab34eb00e:g:XsoAAOSwnOJWFRqV

14Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 21st January 2016, 10:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Same link as i posted ... maybe it will be close enough to just catch under the lip of the cage ...

15Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? Empty Re: Bearing removal (and fitting kits) ? 22nd January 2016, 11:32 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

It'll catch under the lip of the cage and remove that no bother,
But it'll still leave the inner race behind which is flush to the lsd.

There's one of those kits at work, so i might try it anyway and see if it'll wedge behind the inner race.
Maybe the action of tightening the 2 plates will force it open and then it'll pull off.. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum