Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to build a head light pod / air scoop

+4
GTI-R US
nomad
pulsarmoley
ROB_IOW
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 8:16 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Not if your using a phone to view

27how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:30 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Used Firefox and installed the plug-ins and bingo, all the pics are there :-)
This is a great write up. i started making one earlier today. Ive got the glass off, just need to cut a hole at the back and glue the mirror in place so i can start filling.

28how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

firefox android with plugin works as I tested it.
also tested chrome and firefox on windows 7 and work 100% fine (has to be newer build firefox or plugin format not supported)

29how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:32 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Was neat idea with indicator, way better than headlight ...

30how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:35 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I was trying to Google the legalities of either a headlight or indicator air intake. In the sense that the car wont have either a second headlight or a front indicator. Mixed reviews...

31how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:47 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Rob gets his through UK MOT , I suppose amber leds in bottom edge work but can see potential hassle pending on individual, headlight obvious failure and easier spotted over indicator by traffic cops too .

32how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 9:51 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I think I may abandon the headlight option and go for the indicator instead. Might call a fried who has an MOT place and get his opinion on it. The silly thing is that (to my knowledge) there is no specific law relating to not indicating, so you'd think that if one was technically "not working" then they shouldn't really be able to pull you up on it

33how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 10:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No headlight you can still get a daytime mot but guess that's a bit limiting really .... not sure on indicated though maybe go step can shed some info on it ....

34how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 10:32 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

So I've taken mine to 3 different mot stations in the last 10 years that it's been fitted and they have never even mentioned that it may not be legal .

35how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 10:56 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

ROB_IOW wrote:So I've taken mine to 3 different  mot stations in the last 10 years that it's been fitted and they have never even mentioned that it may not be legal .  

Is that the headlight or indicator one Rob?

36how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 11:37 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Indicator . . You'd never pass an mot with only 1 headlight

37how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 19th November 2017, 11:55 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

you'd get hassle daily with only one headlight fitted lol, would be in prison before mot due I expect :-) .

http://www.ukmot.com/manual/1.4/Flashing-Type

http://www.ukmot.com/manual/1.7/Headlamps#MOT

38how to build a head light pod / air scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: how to build a head light pod / air scoop 20th November 2017, 12:06 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:No headlight you can still get a daytime mot but guess that's a bit limiting really .... not sure on indicated though maybe go step can shed some info on it ....
That ballache as have mask off all position lights to meet rules for no headlights, also get a notification certificate from test station if pass it informing you of daytime running only in good visibility, throw in fact insurance will be voided as can't see any underwriter wanting cover that unless a 1930's or earlier classic leaves you open for conviction and potentially uninsured .
Gostek best man for mot facts, indicator looks plausible but certainly not going be liked by every tester police man or insurance claim inspector pending on circumstances and individual reasoning of legal jargon .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum