Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Braided oil feed hose

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Braided oil feed hose Empty Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 7:58 am

mike74

mike74

Hey guys,

I'm just finishing building my exhaust fannymold and turbo assembly to go back on but I'm not sure about the routing of the replacement oil feed hose. It looks like the engine banjo connection will line up ok but the hose itself looks like it'll be touching the block ( see attached  pic).

Is this right or does the hose go round the front of the turbo? Should I wrap something around the hose (PTFE tape?) to stop it damaging the hose? Should I just bolt it up and stop worrying about it as the turbo and engine won't move relative to each other?

Cheers guys Very Happy
Attachments
Braided oil feed hose Attachmentrear turbo.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(81 Kb) Downloaded 11 times

2Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 10:45 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

could pad it with a piece of hose cut to wrap round it our perhaps small bracket with P-clip to hold it if accessible enough ... probably not going be much issue quickly if was touching but seen a few braided hoses wear through the braiding easier than you would think so tend go belt and braces to save any drama and wallet opening down the road ...

3Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 11:33 am

mike74

mike74

Cool, so its routed ok and this is normal. That's what I was worried about Mr B, the hose rubbing through due to vibrations and dumping oil everywhere. I don't think I've got a P-clip that size but I DO have plenty of silicone tubing I could wrap around it.

muchas gracias amigo Smile

4Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 5:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

mike74 wrote: I don't think I've got a P-clip that size

Make one out of a thin metal strip and drill a hole through job jobbied and no rubbing issues

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 7:23 pm

Gtirchris

If you're worried about it rubbing you can put some firesleeve over it and hold it in place with some lockwire, you can get the firesleeve from Motorsport retailers like Demon Tweeks or eBay probably

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

6Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 8:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I've wrapped a few of my turbo lines, helps with rubbing and there's a lot of heat here.

7Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 9:05 pm

mike74

mike74

Panic over...the new oil hose didn't f'kin fit!! When I attached one end to the turbo the engine end was about 45 degrees out. If access was good I could've made it fit but behind or on top of the turbo, forget it. I ended up cleaning out the original hatd pipe as best I could and refitted that.
But on a more serious note, when nissan were building these cars did they suspend the bloody turbo on a bit of wire and build the rest of the car around it??

8Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 9:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Only way I do turbo house or any pressure/hydraulic lines these days is custom made via local hydraulic line shop or buy push fittings (expensive) and hose to do it yourself .
Anything pre made is over-priced and always poor fit one way or other (too long/short, fittings not clocked to best position or not ideal fitting type used)

9Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 10:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I made all my hoses using AN fittings. Its more expensive but you get to trial fit and make sure its exactly how you want it. Also the fittings are reusable, so if you change things its easier to adapt the hoses.

10Braided oil feed hose Empty Re: Braided oil feed hose 7th June 2017, 11:43 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best way woody really, I do a mock fitting then make it with push fitting or crimp via local shop who good at clocking them as marked on pipe supplied .
Reusable fittings are handy but as I got hydraulic line shop 2km up road open 6 days a week which is so cheap/reliable it what generally do these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum