Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coolant hose !

+2
Stu
Chickensakf
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coolant hose !  Empty Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 10:37 pm

Chickensakf

Hi folks After 12 miles of the r final goin she dumps all its coolant ! Bust the main coolant hose from water pump to metal pipe had a hour of trying to change it resulted in getting really f##d off. Desided to drop the engine all over a should be simple job but have found a large spring jst wanting to know is it part of the water pump or the pipe it's self ?

2Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 10:45 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

The spring is out of the pipe.
Pipe is fat one end and thinner the other end.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 10:50 pm

Chickensakf

Orite was hoping that cheers for the fast reply wats ur view on the head gasket had to drive it 2 miles when it overheated jst sorta skint the now so maybe hav to b a job for next month

4Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 10:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats really hard to answer i wouldnt of risked it or atleast waited till the engine was stone cold then did abit wait again enough to get you home .....a pipe is cheapish to buy a new rebuild or another engine is going to cost the earth ..... how hot did the temps go water and oil ?

5Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 11:04 pm

Chickensakf

Yeh when I noticed the temp gauge shooting up I pulled over, sat for 10 15 mins temp gauge was below half then drove it very gentlty the 2miles home was about 3/4 by time I got there put in garage and let it go stone cold after couple hours tried puttn water in it and noticed burst pipe

6Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 7th June 2013, 11:13 pm

Chickensakf

I'm afraid oil temp gauge don't work noticed wire broken when got engine out

7Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 6:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

sorry to hear this. so is the engine still in car?and your fittin new pipe then wanting to know our thoughts on head gasket ? If i have read right could you replace pipe and do a sniff test rather than drive it and course more damage. i am not 100% just trying to give you ideas to look into to help

8Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 6:38 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You might be lucky mate ...... so have you dropped the engine out now ? Think all you can do is replace the pipe bleed it all through and keep your fingers crossed tbh .

9Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 6:44 am

Chickensakf

Yeh engine is already out was unable to get coolant pipe off any other way ! does any1 have part numbers for the 2 main coolant pipes away try get them from nissan ?

10Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 10:07 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Chickensakf wrote:Yeh engine is already out was unable to get coolant pipe off any other way ! does any1 have part numbers for the 2 main coolant pipes away try get them from nissan ?

Could of just took inlet of to gain access to that pipe Wink Pulsar ownership, we all love them tho Laughing

11Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 10:21 am

Chickensakf

Looked easer dropping the lump than gettn stressed tryn to get manifold off had it out in 3 hours on 2 post ramp yeh first r iv owned spend more time with bonnet open than shut lol the joys off motoring !

12Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 8th June 2013, 11:54 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You won't know if you have damaged the head until you re install the engine. I doubt the gasket would fail! More so the head warping or cracking from the heat!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

13Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 9th June 2013, 8:45 pm

Chickensakf

Alrite guys managed to sorce good second hand coolant pipes yesterday fitted the 2 main 1ns, put engine back in 2day with no major issues only needed a hand from a mate to line up mounts as I lowered car on ramp then he p##sd off and left me to it, few hours and she was ready to go, fresh coolant and fired it, let it warm up, after few seconds of running noticed a drip of fresh green coolant at the timing end oh not again ! Seems to be coming out water pump shaft, can this be done in place ie remove driver side mount lower engine or do I have drop the lump again ?

14Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 9th June 2013, 8:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It can be done with the engine in place but its tight .

15Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 9th June 2013, 9:09 pm

Chickensakf

Ok cheers mate take it pump comes down the way also do u know if its a gasket or sealer ?

16Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 9th June 2013, 9:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=110351958209
Gasket aswell mate .

17Coolant hose !  Empty Re: Coolant hose ! 10th June 2013, 8:59 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management