Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

laid up since December started today and water leak developed

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

So the last time I drove the R was when I attempted to go see bob to get it mapped ..
That was in December . Since then she's sat in the garage and not moved .
So today I took it out of the garage started it up gave her wash and took for a quick run to get some heat into her before putting her back in the garage till I can get it to bobs ..

Once I got in to the garage I noticed a water leak  coming from somewhere  above / around or near the water pump .

Now I fitted a new waterpump when i did the rebuild so I'm hoping just a leak in a jubilee clip or something .

It's got all new Water hoses etc .

Anything else I could look at?

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 16th April 2017, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

On the water pump theres a small hole in them that pisses water out if the engine is left standing for a long time maybe its that dont know why they do it wether the seal dries out or something ... probably end up replacing mine aswell they are not that expensive ....

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

( spot on what your saying the seal mate) As above even on new pump it might expand again when it gets used but in my opinion they don't mate

Two holes one top one bottom there if bearing starts to fail but also if newer pump its likely seal not bearing

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well I've spent 4 hrs doing the waterpump  .
It was leaking from near where the top bolt that holds the powersteering bracket to the pump is  .

So cleaned up all the surfaces and cleaned all the bolts out so they go right in .
I think the problem was where it was leaking the bolt wouldn't go all the way in coz of old sealant in the block . So subsequently  it wasn't as tight as it could have been .

laid up since December  started today and water leak developed  20170423
laid up since December  started today and water leak developed  20170422

All good now tho .
Left it idling for 25 mins then took it for a blast and now no leaky leaky

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 1st May 2017, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad it's sorted

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad you sorted her out least i was in the ball park with it Wink

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Most of the time taken was making sure no old sealant was in any of the bolt holes .. wanted to make sure all the bolts had lots of room to tighten up

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Part of reason why I like the ADL one with the gasket, rub light bit of grease either side of those gaskets and you never get an issue plus it super easy using gasket when engine in car compared to sealant .
Least it jobbed hopefully .

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

So she's tucked back in the garage .
Just need to contact bob to arrange a session on the rollers
Bring on 400bhp

laid up since December  started today and water leak developed  2017-010

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: