Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling my pride and joy R

+11
johnny gtir
DRC
Ricks1983
Andy Sunny Gti
Stu
shroom
PartyPete
Whytie
Cosmic73
gtir_woody
nomad
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 17th May 2017, 4:32 pm

DRC

DRC

Thank you Bob for the kind words , I have just read the review on my car and it made me chuckle. I have a chap coming at the weekend who seems very keen so let's see!

No doubt I will be back in this world again in the next few years........

27Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 17th May 2017, 5:58 pm

DRC

DRC

Deposit taken

28Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 17th May 2017, 7:28 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Well done.

29Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 19th May 2017, 7:25 pm

DRC

DRC

Sold
Bob someone will be contacting you very soon for a dyno session .I'm sure of it.

30Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 19th May 2017, 7:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad it sold for you

31Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 19th May 2017, 9:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Glad it all sold ok Dan its a good car and was cheap at the aaking price

Hopefully il still have the dyno then but if not I will road map the car of hes comfortable with that

Wish you all the best fella and stick around on the forum no matter what car you get thumbsup

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

32Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 6:16 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

That didn't last long Sad
Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Screenshot_2017-06-09-19-14-17_zpsjmkbuigc
Bet he's well gutted..

33Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 6:39 pm

DRC

DRC

WTF!!!!
I feel for him. Gutted would be an understatement.

34Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 6:48 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

At a guess he's missed a gear while on full boost and its thrown a rocker?
Happens all the time when revs go to high.

35Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 7:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Exactully my thought and what I said when jack sent me the pic he has either been giving it some and revved it to hard into the red or miss shifted

36Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 7:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Poor bugger thats some bad luck ..... thats trouble didnt know to much about these cars ....

37Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 8:17 pm

mike74

mike74

*agree*
Sounds like he's been caning it and either revved too high or hit the wrong gear. Think this is only the second SR timing chain I've heard of snapping though...defo bad luck and feel for the guy regardless

38Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 8:47 pm

Stu Wiltshire

Bouncing it off the limiter probably wasn't the best thing to do

39Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 8:59 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is that what caused it ?

40Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 9:03 pm

Stu Wiltshire

So I just read, he said he didn't realise that bouncing it off the limiter wasn't good for it.

41Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 9:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Whoops

42Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 9:06 pm

shroom

shroom

Stu Wiltshire wrote:So I just read, he said he didn't realise that bouncing it off the limiter wasn't good for it.

Bet it sounded cool until the boom clatter clatter. I havent had any issues with mine off the limiter but with so many ponies flowing through it may be a different story. I would never go for big power again waste of time.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

43Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 9:10 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Poor guy, but alot of people new to performance cars and jump in and think they are bullet proof.

44Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 9:28 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Assume it had a rev limit set, missed gear is usual culprit.
I bounced off 8000rpm almost daily for couple decades and never had rocker issues, if decent cams, springs and rockers plus clearance set right they not a problem besides when miss shift.
poor spec cams such as non specific solid lifter cams, poor spring choice or using 25 year old springs and worn rockers plus poorly set clearances can cause a mess, valve train does need be top notch and everything spec'd and working together .
Another short lived ownership :-/

45Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 9th June 2017, 11:40 pm

mike74

mike74

Stu Wiltshire wrote:So I just read, he said he didn't realise that bouncing it off the limiter wasn't good for it.

Err, ummm, Muppet!

46Selling my pride and joy R - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 10th June 2017, 6:43 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I was going to reference my gti with sr20 Det lump lived on limiter due to traction issues never flickered but you don't need to be near the limiter in a R

Expensive mistake as he has at least halfed the price of his car weather he likes it or not. Others may disagree. Put a engine in and use it or sell on as still a good base but it's time effort moving the vehicle so all needs to be thought about in his asking price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum