Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling my pride and joy R

+11
johnny gtir
DRC
Ricks1983
Andy Sunny Gti
Stu
shroom
PartyPete
Whytie
Cosmic73
gtir_woody
nomad
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Selling my pride and joy R Empty Selling my pride and joy R 1st April 2017, 3:16 pm

DRC

DRC

HI Guys I have come to the conclusion that my GTIR is going to be better appreciated by a fellow enthusiast with more enthusiasm than I. so I would draw your attention to my project thread to build your knowledge of the car.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6749-project-mid-life-chrisis-third-time-lucky

This car is truly amazing and has been passionately completed.

Selling my pride and joy R 7ECE6A06-11D2-4F60-BFF8-9A546BCA3816_zpsxl4izc2n

Selling my pride and joy R 42648875-F3EA-4AB1-A7E9-FFC16B85DE61_zpsqbadjxmk

There are several dyno run videos in the above thread.

The spec I will pop in here if you don’t have the time to read the 5 pages of the thread.
A bit about me: I have owned 3 of these Cars over the last 15 years my first was a total nut and bolt rebuild but this had to go as I was a student, the second was a bit of a gamble as it had fair power but was rusty and very tatty. This was swapped for a new CLIO 182 and now with about a 8-year gap, I have come back with number 3. Both the past cars are documented on the GTIROC forum as I was a member on there from around 2002/3
So I bought the car around 10 months ago from a fellow enthusiast form the GTIROC site based in Wales. He had the car for 12 years with him being the second owner from import ( the past owner was the importer) the car was very well looked after by this chap( garaged)  and has done his research when sourcing parts and building  From what I can see looking back over old mots the car has only covered a few thousand miles over the last 10 years most of the miles I have put on it.

The car has visited Bob on 2 occasions to get a good looking over and a very detailed tune. ( the man is a legend)  and I am sure he will vouch for this car and it condition/spec

By the time I came to it the past owner was selling due to family commitments.  With that’s said I will be looking at growing my family in the near future so won’t be able to enjoy the car as much as I like.

So on to the car, I have a very large and detailed folder of all recipes MOTs, tax discs, documents,  printouts etc . This totals thousands and thousands.
The spec is:
Forged JE 87mm Pistons
2mm HKS head gasket
Stock cams
GT3076R turbo
Apexi Power FC pro (plus commander)
Polished and modified standard manifold
XS Power external wastewater
3mm PTFE inlet manifold gasket
JDM intercooler and pipework
Z32MAF
Oversize Alloy Radiator
Blitz LM induction kit
Oil breather recirculation kit
Gizzmo boost controller
Custom 3" front exit exhaust but there is a 4” can at the back for asthetics
Tail 50mm BOV
BCR8ES plugs
SARD 1000cc injectors
Kyosan 390l/h fuel pump
Stock fuel pressure reg
OS Giken twin plate clutch and flywheel ( so so easy to use)
Hks twin spark ( helps stop spark blow out at very hi boost)
Cat 1 alarm with 2 remotes and keys ( central locking )

Selling my pride and joy R A78902BC-021F-40ED-BE99-7F6E7074A7E8_zpssjqnhqjn

Drivetrain:
Quaife gearset in standard box and this is not as noisy as you might think
[size=17]Selling my pride and joy R BB82DF4F-4224-49C3-B756-BB0586E53044_zpsovp4diht[/s
Suspension:
New front shocks ( less than 300 miles )
Tein Pillow Ball Top mounts
Front Cusco strut brace
Rear Nismo strut brace
The car is lower by around 25 to 30mm all round

Wheels:
Redline Innovit 17” in white
Toyo Proxes T1 tyres

Brakes
Front:
HiSpec Monster 6 Pot Calipers
Grooved 300mm discs
Goodrich braided hoses all round
EBC Red-stuff pads

Rear: Standard calipers
Choice of soft pads or red stuffs

Selling my pride and joy R D0147861-A4F9-49E9-A87B-5BF29FA17FB1_zpsmbn5kpgj

Selling my pride and joy R 15391E91-B015-4050-8559-42F9D749855F_zpsgsbtm8uf

Selling my pride and joy R 8658EB01-0EBD-4FA4-BB97-B254A4DBA34B_zpslzmsqvu9

Selling my pride and joy R 5FA7AB8A-3163-45A9-8DC3-4010A16009FB_zpsmddo2sok

Selling my pride and joy R ECC66055-0F58-4111-97F2-6207D46E2E84_zpsnk1pbtk4

Exterior: 7/10
Full Subaru World Rally Blue respray
Front bumper cut out and meshed ( painted)
Clear indicators
Clear side repeaters
The car could ideally do with a respray as the front NS wing is bubbling and the rear arches are starting to blister. I will add lots of photos over the next few days.

The spray job I would give a 7/10 and the car has a few very small marks ( mainly where  my son has driven his cars over the front bumper.

Selling my pride and joy R 8B5FF38D-A865-4AB4-893D-6339CB31CBC6_zpsbh7f35uz

Interior: 8.5/10

Apexi turbo timer
Gizzmo boost controller
GReddy boost gauge in pillar pod
New Duracell battery relocated in the boot in a marine battery box.
The car has a Sony iPhone stereo original parcel shelf with 6x9s that are quick release and a set of Sony door speakers so it sounds nice and clear  but nothing by modern standards.
The interior is really well looked after with all the stock mats .everything works perfectly.
Steering wheel is a “personal” number
I have a new complete dash to fit that will be sold with the car
Selling my pride and joy R D067C717-FFD5-4E2A-AD14-22AC1C097307_zpsskcru1fc

Proven power 475bhp at around 1.65 bar but I am told ( Bob) that there is more in there that will bring the figures closer to 550bhp est.
The car over fuels easily can be a pig to start when warm and I have noticed the front discs will need skimming as there is vibration under hard braking from speed.
The car's condition is good and the chassis is strong (7.5/10) no welding has been done on the car and it is still solid. The interior is a 8.5/10 the only thing letting it down is the driver’s seat has a loose stitch revealing a very small hole. ( fingertip size)  and the dash has cracks( but I have a good replacement ready to go in) .
This car drives very well and boosts without any issue the car as you can image is very quick! the car rides very very smoothly and is great for daily driving. ( maybe a bit soft for the hardcore of you) . I use the base boost of 0.95 bar for running around, the next stage is about 1.4 then the top is 1.65. but I don’t really use that as I’m a cautious driver ( lol)

So the mileage of the car is 100k miles over its life with only a few thousand done in this country and even less since the big power unit has been in.

It has been run on shell v power since I have had it. There are no concerning knocks or clucks and it drives very straight and true. It has a HPI check and has never been involved in a accident.
The car has sat in my man cave for most of the time I have had it and I am in no rush to sell it so I will not be taking offers on the car. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have . the car is 27 years old with 100k on the clock so please don’t expect a factory fresh car but it really has been loved and looked after .i will at some point put in on gtiroc if I can and maybe later down the line on piston heads but again I want to start with the core enthusiasts. It has 11 months MOT and passed with no advisories.
Please PM me if you interested and I will get in touch with you when I get a chance. ( work commitments are very busy for me so please hold that in mind).

The body work bits that are not so good.

Selling my pride and joy R 92F1F2BE-BDC4-4B99-8A94-9AEE8DE0304F_zpsmiyrujcu

Selling my pride and joy R 7E679726-F9E0-4855-952F-65C7D7B101C6_zpsptnedlxk

Front wing
Selling my pride and joy R 666CEB30-0289-4EBF-B0D3-A34948FCFED8_zps1kg27jty 

Selling my pride and joy R C6A86A18-2F51-4750-B224-E3C840DE9CC0_zpsmeyxdceb

Selling my pride and joy R E4F96AA1-65AB-4641-B159-C9566EACA7D2_zpsgkvqxwk4

The pictures don't do it justice in my opinion. Someone with a bit of bodywork skill could have this car in near perfect condition. the arches will need attention in the next 3 years or so but i have been under the car with a screwdriver looking for rust and everything else is solid.

Please, I will say I don't want tire kickers or test pilots if you're genuinely interested please come and look over but no proof of insurance you will not be driving it. 

Please read this and I hope this helps give assurance about the car.

I will continue to add to this post with more photos and information.

Last edited by DRC on 28th April 2017, 9:49 am; edited 5 times in total

2Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 1st April 2017, 7:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How much is the price ???

3Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 1st April 2017, 9:43 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good luck with sale, has a lot of stand out with things people will want in a gtir Smile

4Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 2nd April 2017, 8:03 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Seriously nice car Dan in what i would say is the best colour for an R. Maybe you'll change your mind like i did, if not good luck with the sale. Hope it fetches a fair wedge for you. cheers

5Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 16th April 2017, 9:48 am

DRC

DRC

So after having a good dig around under the car looking for any areas of rot I have concluded that the arches will need replacing in a few years . The sills look solid with a bit of rust where they have been bent by a jack ( seams) , the rear turrets and floor are solid with zero rust also the rear air vents are also .........solid . I have been under the car with a screwdriver and other than the rear arches ( I did not jab at these for obvious reasons) I could not find any bad areas . The car has been well under sealed in the past which has paid off. I will pop up the photos in the week with the reviewed price .

6Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 2:13 am

Whytie

Whytie

What's the price

7Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 4:38 am

DRC

DRC

Last edited by DRC on 17th May 2017, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 8:55 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Jesus, you boys are up early! Shocked

9Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 12:31 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Cosmic73 wrote:Jesus, you boys are up early! Shocked

I thought the exact same thing Razz

10Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 2:45 pm

shroom

shroom

DRC wrote:I want £6250 for her.

Quiet cheap that mate.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

11Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 5:31 pm

DRC

DRC

Up early thanks to my son and a very long drive to work !
. Is it the arches and paint that are putting off folks? If it where stock colour with no arch issues and I had 550bhp added to the title I would be asking 8/9k? But the car really is in good condition and needs to be seen .
Bob even offered to by it with out looking so that tells me it's worth what I'm asking . Sad point is I have had daily calls from piston heads asking if I will take really offensive offers ! " mate your car is only worth a couple of grand it's only a sunny" .

12Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 8:16 pm

shroom

shroom

Well no its not the arches I think its worth about 8 to 10k now with whats on it my last R I sold for 5k and that was to someone who was stripping it to build it up for power it was only stockish but nothing like yours...

Dont cheat yourself and sell it too cheap as people may think there is more wrong with it when clearly there is not.

I think without the quaife box its still worth over 6k

But I guess its what people are willing to pay.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 5th May 2017, 8:50 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Yeah as Tom says.
Dont go selling it to cheap.
Its worth the asking price with what's on it.
Yes the arches may put some people off but they aren't that bad and can be sorted easily enough.
You just need to wait for the right person to come along.
You do get the idiots trying to talk it down. Thats because they can't afford to buy it at your asking price!
I hate selling cars! I can't be arsed dealing with the 80% of idiots lol

14Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 6th May 2017, 6:44 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Have you put it up on the Facebook Gtir pages? At least you have the enthusiasts on there, and to be honest it cuts out a lot of the time waters and selling fees. I'll advertise it on my fan page for you.

15Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 6th May 2017, 7:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I always say if you want a good price, wait and time pays off.

When I sold my E36, I had so many piece of shit low ball offers, I almost flogged it off cheap. After awhile the right buyer came along, and I sold it for the asking price.

If you have a sensible price, the right person will always give you close to what you want Smile

16Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 8th May 2017, 7:07 am

DRC

DRC

Thank you for the supporting words chaps , I do like the community feel on this forum . Your more than welcome to link this Andy . I'm sure someone will come along . I went for a drive again yesterday and was still astonished how fast she is but the 911 Carrera owner wasn't so happy!Wink

17Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 8th May 2017, 7:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Drive it like it's stolen Smile

18Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 14th May 2017, 6:12 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Have you seen the review on this on carthrottle.com

19Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 14th May 2017, 7:32 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-475bhp-nissan-pulsar-gti-r-is-an-affordable-way-to-chase-supercars/

20Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 14th May 2017, 10:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure what to say about that review its like slating it but with a slight its ok kinda vibe going on .... Rolling Eyes

21Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 15th May 2017, 11:25 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

bit of a cock i thought. cum

22Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 15th May 2017, 5:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not a bad review considering he don't like the cars but no matter how ugly etc people think they are no getting away from it there in my opinion ahead of the times for the age of them engineering wise and still give a lot of stuff a run for its money for the price with the right driver.

But also the guy has no taste and clearly needs to own one for 6 month and review again

as above bit of a cock yes and definitely a arsehole

23Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 16th May 2017, 9:44 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Well said ^

24Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 16th May 2017, 5:00 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

I don't get how people can look at these and say it's a starlet, then on the other hand say I don't like it but they love starlets!!! Rolling Eyes

25Selling my pride and joy R Empty Re: Selling my pride and joy R 17th May 2017, 2:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As Dan Said
This is a really good car and now Dan has sorted out most of the niggly issues listed in his thread someone will get a real bargain.
I will vouch that the engine is all good and so is the gearbox, clutch too. Ideally it just needs the re-map done now all the bits are sorted she should have a much healthier power curve and I think will / should easily make 500 ponies. With a bit of work on the body will be a fantastic car

Sorry I could not complete the sale Dan especially in view of recent things Rolling Eyes but well worth the asking price to any prospective buyer and Dans as honest as they come thumbsup

glws fella don't give this car away its worth every penny of the asking price and you will get it I assure you Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content