Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SARD ECU

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SARD ECU Empty SARD ECU 19th January 2017, 5:16 pm

typeritr

typeritr

So i have searched on here looking for information on this ECU, i searched different words etc and this thread is all i can find.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t1944-sard-analyse-ecu?highlight=sard

My car will be running 1 bar of boost. The thread says safer at 1.2 or 1.4 bar?

Some good information there, just wondering if anybody else has come across this ECU and found out more about it?

It is a stand alone ecu I gather (but i read somewhere it is tuned individually?? hard to believe), but I am just wondering about running it on lower octane fuel. We have 95 ron here in Ireland only, compared to this ecu was probably mapped to 98 ron so ignition and fueling would be wrong for the 95 ron causing detonation. However when driving hitting the clutch at high rpm causes it to backfire (Which is kind of fun), so I am only guessing there is plenty of fuel in there which could be a bit better as it wont be running lean and reducing the chances of it knocking?

Basically i am wondering if it is safe or what are peoples opinions on it as I am new to the Pulsar? SR20s are a tough engine though! I reckon it is safe enough once its not running too lean

Anyway when the funds are replenished a bit I will probably go Nistune and get a proper map on it, i already have a standard ECU.

2SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 19th January 2017, 6:35 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Was this already fitted to your R !
I no idea on what ecu tune options sard done but assume they would of offered a generic one like the mines and tomei, some came with bigger injectors to match the ecu map .
Your best bet is getting it on rolling road as ideally want afr and ignition checked to be safe, not entirely due to ecu but also due to age of everything and fact it may not be working to full values. Minimum option is home tune by checking sensor functions/values boost pressure etc and adding a wideband .
Most of the generic mapped ecu's could run 1 to 1.3 and 1.4 bar boost pretty well if all else healthy/uprated slightly .
Pretty good power can be had with simple daughterboard or piggybacks, was easy get over 400hp wiith better version dastek piggybacks in the early days .
54C is tough engine but under or over fueling soon kills a good engine, everyone trashed the standard pistons but most ringland issues down to fueling and ignition problems leading to short lifespan .

3SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 19th January 2017, 6:48 pm

typeritr

typeritr

Yeah this is fitted to the car. I am picking the car up Saturday, as i have just bought it, the standard ECU comes with it as well though. I reckon they are just a generic tune also.  It has the following

Ball Bering Turbo
740cc injectors
Front mount intercooler
Full Mongose exhaust & decat. It has the original manifold so may get a new one.
Sard ECU
Boost Controller

I believe the engine was rebuilt recently and anything that needed replacing was done.

I'm not looking for crazy power would be happy around 300 or up to 320. Don't want anything more really, as crazy as that might sound.

I suppose you are right though, the only way to ever know is to get it checked out.  I reckon I would need a tuner to look at it though, as I would not know how to download the map/values or what they should be compared to.

4SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 21st January 2017, 8:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

320bhp is easily achievable on stock ecu with a few simple upgrades ''despite what you may read on the net & other tuner sites''
weve done many cars at that power level with some running high 330s, providing all ancilarys etc are in gwo and all piped up correctly, and afr's are good.
Only need to play around with a few things to get that figure and its been proven reliable too as many cars are stiock engined, been on track and to the ring and still going strong today.

Ditch everything that can cause you issues and go for simplicity with good cooling on both water & oil and youll have very few issues providing the engine is a goodun

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 23rd January 2017, 10:16 am

typeritr

typeritr

I will take that advice on board, thanks. I have gauges in the car. I think they are afr and a boost controller, I'm not sure what the other one is, it has a few mods, so i reckon it is about 300, cant be sure though.

6SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 23rd January 2017, 10:24 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whats your boost controller set up at ???

7SARD ECU Empty Re: SARD ECU 23rd January 2017, 10:26 am

typeritr

typeritr

nomad wrote:Whats your boost controller set up at ???

Set up to 1 bar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]