Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sard analyse ecu

+3
nomad
GTI-R US
hagger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sard analyse ecu Empty sard analyse ecu 3rd October 2013, 8:45 pm

hagger

This is a subject that i have tried to find the answer too before but as there are very few about i have been struggling. My car has a sard analyse ecu fitted,now most of the info i have come across is just hear say and not definite so im really just trying to find anyone that has one on there car. I know that modern mapping and more powerful computers mean you can do a huge amount nowadays but i would like to keep this ecu as its part of the gtir,s tuning history.Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 3rd October 2013, 10:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

never even heard of one before : /

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 3rd October 2013, 10:27 pm

hagger

sard re-mapped and tuned ecu,s for loads of jap cars back in the 1990,s including the gtir but they are mega rare.I have seen them on ebay for the gtir so i know they are about. As far as i know they have a raised rev limit of 8250rpm, mapped for 1.2 or 1.4 bar of boost and maybe pre mapped for a z32 maf. i really need to find someone who has one and has found the limits of it.As i said i do know that modern mapped ecu,s are pretty good but im sure if i was going to trust someone to map my ecu it would be sard.

4sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 3rd October 2013, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is there no way of plugging it in and see the info then ?

5sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 10:17 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

hagger wrote:As far as i know they have a raised rev limit of 8250rpm, mapped for 1.2 or 1.4 bar of boost and maybe pre mapped for a z32 maf.
If it is a Sard daughterboard that is soldered into the existing GTiR ECU then I could download the maps using NIStune. Then you could do a direct comparison to a standard Pulsar and/or Sunny map (which are quite different even as standard!). You'd have all the information regarding fueling, timing, MAF setup, injectors, knock maps, speed limits, etc. to compare to other tuned ECUs.

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

6sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 12:21 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep that's a good idea as dave has proven with my gtr, hes converted the datalog into easy to read graphs, very clever indeed!

btw dave I broke a pin on my access port to ecu now it wont read the data so il need to fix it but not forgotten to get it sent to you as soon as ive done it fella

7sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 12:36 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

watoga wrote:
hagger wrote:As far as i know they have a raised rev limit of 8250rpm, mapped for 1.2 or 1.4 bar of boost and maybe pre mapped for a z32 maf.
If it is a Sard daughterboard that is soldered into the existing GTiR ECU then I could download the maps using NIStune. Then you could do a direct comparison to a standard Pulsar and/or Sunny map (which are quite different even as standard!). You'd have all the information regarding fueling, timing, MAF setup, injectors, knock maps, speed limits, etc. to compare to other tuned ECUs.

Cheers,
Dave
which map is better between the pulsar and sunny???

8sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 1:45 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

fred05 wrote:which map is better between the pulsar and sunny???
The Sunny map is much more conservative. Probably due to the normally lower octane fuel found in Europe (compared to what's available in Japan). The Sunny map throws a LOT more fuel into the engine (among other things), and from looking at the maps you could probably run a lot more boost on the Sunny map before running into problems. The timing on both maps is also very conservative, so regardless of the boost levels used a simple timing modification will result in more useable power. From experience on the road, I think the Pulsar maps are better for standard cars, while the Sunny map offers a little more headroom.

Cheers,
Dave

9sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 2:07 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

mmmmmh ok!

i just bought an moded ECU from jamsport...it maybe worth keeping my ECu so...
but don't know exactly what is inside of the Jamsport...just told that is better and safer at 1.2 bar boost and perform better...

how to download the map to be sure what is it inside?

10sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 2:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its a non mappable generically chipped ecu
weve had them in before, basically the same as mines with added ign etc

11sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 3:40 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

fred05 wrote:how to download the map to be sure what is it inside?
You need software, such as NIStune or similar. I have a Tuner's licence for NIStune so I can download/examine/mod almost all Nissan ECUs. Normally what I do for others is download the maps, then give them a graphical printout of their fuel/timing maps so they can see where fuel/timing are added and by how much. It's normally nice to compare to a standard GTiR map so you can really see the changes.

Cheers,
Dave

12sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 4th October 2013, 8:54 pm

hagger

cheers for the info guys... i think it does have a daughter board.I will have a closer look to see if there are any other wiring harnesses or plugs.Would be cool to find out what really is on it.I always run my car on momentum 99 plus octane booster to try and get it as close to 100 ron fuel as possible as im sure that it must have been mapped on jap 100 fuel.Is this a good idea or is it a waste of time?

13sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 5th October 2013, 7:37 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

The higher the octane rating, the less likely you are to encounter knock. Higher RON values will reduce the chances of knock, so what you are doing is giving yourself a very large safety margin. I run my Pulsar on 98 RON (as we can't seem to get 99+ RON in Northern Ireland) and have never encountered knock. You'll be safe, but perhaps just out-of-pocket by a large amount!

Let me know if you find any other plugs/harnesses. If not, then it's probably a daughterboard that can be examined via the main consult port. If this is the case, then I'd be more-than-happy to give you a full itinerary of what's on the maps.

Cheers,
Dave

14sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 9:07 am

weblizzer

hi guys, I have a question

I have this ecu when I got my gtir engine: sard analyse ecu 532546_3591420986282_1343162706_n_zps033d811a But when i open it there is no daughterboard, would this be possible that it's a fixed tune ecu? or is this same as the stock ecu? nothing special?

thanks

15sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 2:00 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

weblizzer wrote:would this be possible that it's a fixed tune ecu? or is this same as the stock ecu?
The easiest way would be to download the map from your ECU, and compare this directly to a standard Pulsar/Sunny ECU. There may be subtle changes to fuelling, timing, RPM limits, etc. that would only appear obvious once compared to a standard ECU. Then again, it could also be a Saurus sticker pasted onto a standard GTiR ECU! I'd be more than happy to help you if you're interested.

Cheers,
Dave

16sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 3:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have an spl ecu .... wich is the same as the mines etc  i do believe its just got a slighty more air fuel map compared to the oe map .

17sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 4:41 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

nomad wrote:I have an spl ecu .... wich is the same as the mines etc  i do believe its just got a slighty more air fuel map compared to the oe map .
Interesting. Do you mean that they have moved away from the standard ridiculously low A/F ratios by tweeking the fuel/timing maps? Or simply by increasing the load tables to compensate for extra boost?

Cheers,
Dave

18sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 5:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not sure to be honest dave ..... it was just what i was told when i bought it .....i have not really run the car properly with it on .as i fitted on since the r has been off the road ...spl20 is what its called any info on thses then dave as i found fook all on the net ....i also believe it cannot be mapped ?

19sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 5:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

another generically chipped ecu similar to mines

20sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 7:36 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

nomad wrote:spl20 is what its called any info on thses then dave as i found fook all on the net ....i also believe it cannot be mapped ?
As Bob said, it could be a chipped ECU, which may mean it doesn't have the capabilities to be modified and re-mapped. However, normally the chipped ECUs still can be read via the consult port, which means they can be compared to standard OE maps through software like NIStune. Worst case scenario is that you'll not be able to change what's on the ECU, but at least you'd be able to see how its been modified from standard.

Cheers,
Dave

21sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 6th October 2013, 7:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ok so the low down on what i need to upload it from the dataport .... bearing in mind i havnt actually been driving it with it on ..... might crack it open and see if its a piggy backed or just chipped ecu ......so i guess a data cable and what software ?

22sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 7th October 2013, 10:06 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

nomad wrote:.....so i guess a data cable and what software ?
If you want to go to the extent where you can download and visualise your own maps, there are a few different options available. They are not cheap, but one of the best is the NIStune software and the PLMS consult cables:

PLMS consult cable

The NIStune software (for an individual licence which means you can only examine/mod a single Nissan model) is around 220 AUD, plus around 100 AUD for the PLMS cable. This gives a total of around 320 AUD, or £190 (excluding p&p) at the current exchange rate. Alternatively you could send me your ECU and I could download the maps and give you printouts of the OE comparisons for you for free. Depends on how likely you are to use the software in the future. Bare in mind that a NIStune daughterboard (which is required for ECU modification) is about another 300 AUD............................

Cheers,
Dave

23sard analyse ecu Empty Re: sard analyse ecu 19th October 2013, 12:20 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Hey Nomad ive just received the same ecu from bob, mine to is on the car but not on the road again till spring. What boost will you be running and what will you set the timing too? Also will you be taking the car on the RR to get the fueling checked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]