Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My GTI-R

+6
Cosmic73
Gostek
Mr B
gtir_woody
johnny gtir
nomad
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1My GTI-R  Empty My GTI-R 13th November 2016, 10:26 pm

danno

I haven't worked out how to upload pics yet on my phone (windows phone is crap) but the spec of the car is as follows. I'm no expert, just going on what info I've found on the forums.

Its a black import with 74000 miles on the clock

Turbo back exhaust with the cat still in (think its a mongoose)

Forge recirculating dump valve

K&N air filter

Silicone HT leads

GAB front shocks with what look like tein lowering springs as they're green

Unknown rear shocks and lowering springs

Poly arb mount bushes

Nismo foot rest

Knee pads left and right

Rear strut brace with a hoop over the back seats

No front strut brace

Standard alloys

That's it as far as I can tell but it came with a few aftermarket parts not fitted.

Pace front mount intercooler kit

Poly engine and box mounts

Urban cammo, samco silicone engine hose kit

Its off the road tho as it needs a few bits doing, mainly the gearbox, it stuck in reverse so I've got that out this weekend and ill have a look at it in work.

I take my hat off to those who can get the box out without pulling the whole lot out as I did, I got cheesed off and was spending more time thinking and less time doing and logic told me just to take the engine and box out

2My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 13th November 2016, 10:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Use photobucket to upload pics to photobucket then copy link ... you want the link that is img .... then paste it on here in the box you write in thats it ... hope this helps ... any problems just let me know .

3My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 13th November 2016, 11:57 pm

danno

Ah, forgot about the old photobucket, cheers dude.

4My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 12:01 am

danno

I cant seem to get it to work, I've done it before on a different forum, but when I click send it just loads the post reply page back up.

5My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 6:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Car sounds a good base with a few optional extras. Depending on what's to do sometimes it's easier to drop the whole lot depending on what's to do. Check everything especially rear of engine while it's out. Water pipes etc

6My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 7:45 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I use https://postimage.org just copy the "Hotlink for forums" link into the reply section and should work

7My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 11:42 am

danno

Thanks guys, ill try that other site and see what happens.

Yes it was definitely easier, and I've got a four post ramp too so it was almost smooth sailing untill I realised the ramps weren't far enough apart and couldn't get the engine and box through "doh" but I got there in the end.

I'll definitely give the engine a once over, I don't really want to take it all out again not long after its gone back in ha ha.

Might even fit the hose kit.

8My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 1:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would 100% do rear hoses and water pump as if originals they are close to end (oem hoses best option and not much more than silicone), would do clutch master too as adl do them and not expensive.
Keeps reliability and saves a lot of ball ache ...

9My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 2:10 pm

danno

Yer well if they don't look perished ill leave them to be honest, I may be eating my words at some point but I believe in "if its not broke don't fix it", though I will do the water pump if it hasn't already been done. The owners previous to the guy I bought it off spared no expense when it came to servicing it so its in pretty good nick.

I fixed the problem anyway, the selector had jumped out of position as I flicked from first to reverse too quick while moving it back and forth. And also this could of been rectified in situ, as I pulled the reverse light switch out to see why the box wouldn't split all the way, the selector was staring me in the face, so I pulled the whole lot out for nothing, I could of cried. But its all a learning curve and now have access to hard to get to parts such as the rack which is leaking so ill reseal that before the lot goes back in.

10My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 7:56 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

+1 on rear hoses... At some point one after another burst on mine cos of this had to do head gasket and trust me removing Intake manifold just to change oil cooler hose suicide fuming
Put it this way I refused to put mates car back together because he didn't want to change rear hoses lol!

11My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 8:59 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Shit, no body warned me about this when i did my rebuild.
Bollocks Shocked

12My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 9:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I will do yours if they go and while you watch you can build my box lol

13My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 14th November 2016, 10:02 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

send it down and ill take a look  Smile

14My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 15th November 2016, 10:17 pm

danno

Ok, maybe I will change them if that's the case, it wont hurt to do it, less so than when its put back in.

So I've been digging through the folder of receipts and found its got a RPS max street clutch kit fitted back in 2005, they any good? It feels heavy but was working fine so I'm assuming that's because its uprated.

There's also a spot lamp grill with it to but no lamps. Are there specific lamps that fit or can I get off the shelf universal ones that fit?

15My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 10:52 pm

danno

My GTI-R  20170125_163738

16My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 10:53 pm

danno

My GTI-R  WP_20161105_16_34_32_Pro

17My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 10:54 pm

danno

My GTI-R  WP_20161105_16_35_09_Pro

18My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 10:55 pm

danno

My GTI-R  20170125_163705

19My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 11:04 pm

danno

Got a new phone now so uploading pics is easy haha.

Sooo, ive fixed my window problem, twas the drivers door switches not working and was pointed to some on ebay for a four door and they worked

20My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 11:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear it was an easy repair in the end .. was the gaffer tape there because the window never shut ???

21My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 25th January 2017, 11:37 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You have some nice options there Smile

22My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 26th January 2017, 4:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks great, as Stu said some rare options there Smile

23My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 26th January 2017, 7:23 am

danno

Thanks, yeah the tape is on both windows and the car had been parked up for 18 months outside so the tape had gone to like powder but the glue is welded on

24My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 26th January 2017, 8:34 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

danno wrote:Thanks, yeah the tape is on both windows and the car had been parked up for 18 months outside so the tape had gone to like powder but the glue is welded on
Try using some tfr or lemon oil to remove the glue.
Only tet patch the lemon oil in a small patch first tho as it is strong and may melt the paint.
We used to fill plastic cups with the stuff when I first started work and the cup would melt over an hour or so.

25My GTI-R  Empty Re: My GTI-R 29th January 2017, 11:35 am

danno

Sounds like good stuff then, ill have a look online for some as ive never heard of lemon oil.

It also turns out that i have a complete fog lamp set up, it was all in a carrier bag that i thought was just full of wires lol, but its in bits and the brackets are bent out of shape so they'll need sorting out.
My GTI-R  20170129_112109

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum