Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

howdy folks

+2
johnny gtir
mike74
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1howdy folks Empty howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:11 am

mike74

mike74

Hi guys,

I've been a closet lurker for a number of years now but after buying my third Pulsar at the weekend, I thought I'd better 'come out' and say hello to everyone. So hello, my name is Mike & I stay up in not-so-sunny Aberdeenshire Smile

I’d been out of the Pulsar game for the past 2-1/2” years after selling my last one and buying an Audi S2 Coupe to replace it…nice car but not so nice to work on or buy parts for. The lack of parts and general apathy from the dealership was just starting to get silly; you couldn’t even buy a timing belt kit from them any more!

Anyway, back to Japanese metal: my first Pulsar was winter green and running 300bhp, my second (white) one ran 340bhp & my new grey one is totally standard...even to the point of still recording distance in km from factory. Its only got 77km on the clock and the interior switches etc still feel tight! I haven’t decided what I’m going to be doing with it yet but I’m certainly not one for chavvy exhausts or bits hacked out of the bumpers. I’ll maybe get a decent exhaust, air filter, dump valve and do the one bar loop to start with and see how things go after that. Part of me is definitely thinking that it would be a shame to b@stardise an unmolested example too much but I’ll see how things progress over time.

I tried to upload a couple of pictures but it didn't work for some reason. Might've been me, not sure. I'll try again at some point though.

Anyway that's it for now, looking forward to actually participating on the forum rather than peeking through the keyhole.

cheers for now,

mike

2howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:35 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome sounds like a nice example. Not sure if you need a few posts before pictures work to stop unwanted adverts etc on the site. Did you buy the car local or ?

3howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:41 am

mike74

mike74

Ah ok, fairies muff then Smile

Nah mate, we bought the car from just outside Birmingham. The whole clan flew down, then a taxi to the place from the airport then drove it up to Cumbernauld for an overnight stay (couldn't find anything in Kendal, Windermere or Carlisle). We then headed to Fort William for a day then headed home on Monday. The wife tallied it up and reckoned we clocked up about 600 miles on her!

My 4 year old barfed all over the back seat about 30 miles from Fort William too. Was a very stinky journey home but was very glad we have a Vax in the garage!!

4howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:42 am

mike74

mike74

BTW, is it still yourself I need to speak to about a clutch support bracket?

cheers,

mike

5howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:48 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes I can sort you one out. Love fort William had my pulsar up there a few year back some great roads. Glad it all ran well home

6howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 11:52 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome mate.
Does sound like you have bought a good one Smile
You should be able to post pictures. I thought it was only new members that had to wait 7 days...
Try again. Maybe the sites folder is full.
Or is it photobucket links you have?

7howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 1:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hi Mike
welcome to the forum fella welcome

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 3:40 pm

mike74

mike74

Cheers everyone Smile
I was trying to upload pictures from my desktop so not sure why it wasn't working. I'll try again later on though.

9howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 8:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate, good to see your come out of the closet Laughing

10howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 28th September 2016, 9:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum mike ..... Wink

11howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 29th September 2016, 9:07 am

mike74

mike74

hopefully the attachment worked this time otherwise I'm going home! :p
while having a trawl on t'interweb for bits I stumbled across this advert for my old car! it had different wheels on it when I owned it and was de-badged but I was the sucker who had it sprayed and the arches fixed etc
anyone know if its still around?

http://www.gtiroc.com/index.php?threads/white-pulsar-gtir-k-plate.89301/
Attachments
howdy folks Attachmentgrey one.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(57 Kb) Downloaded 10 times

12howdy folks Empty Re: howdy folks 29th September 2016, 2:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I guess so as it was Jan it was marked as sold. And grey one looks good mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum