Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Working central locking and window control unit

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DRC

DRC

Since I have had the r the central locking has never worked correctly. I have had the alarm replaced today and the fitter mentioned that he thinks the relay is the problem as it will not lock or unlock the doors. So I would like to start by changing the window lock control unit for a working one. Please let me know what you have.
Thanks

shroom

shroom

With the alarm do you not have seperate solenoids on the locking mechanism? Mine got really stiff and I had to put some oil/grease on the contacts. Have no idea about your setup tho so just an idea!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

johnboy

johnboy

I think all the door locking and window winding are controlled by the same box in the drivers door arm rest. If anything on  that doesn't work then swapping the whole lot is about the only answer - and I think working ones are getting hard to find.... (and expensive)  I've got several where the windows don't work but the locking is OK so you are welcome to one or two of those so you may be able to swap bits around - but they aren't simple switches...   Shocked  Two relays in here but unlikely to be one of those.

Working central locking and window control unit Windfow%20switch_zpsrulqv624

Most alarms I've seen just have one solenoid added to operate the drivers door and this then activates the central locking.

Whytie

Whytie

I've got a few of these if your still looking

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

When i removed the Clifford alarm from my R i found the windows and locking stopped working,
Upon removing the door panel i noticed the power feed wire had been snipped and intercepted by the alarm,
I just joined the right coloured wires back together and it all worked again, Smile Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum