Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multimeter mothers day birthday gift

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 20th August 2016, 6:11 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Mothers day here last weekend & my mums birthday this weekend, she 77 so thought would buy her a multimeter :-D
She been using old one of mine with flickery screen but thought a new one without lcd fault & with cont buzzer & backlight would be even better .
Less than £5, good enough for what she testing, bulbs, fuses. extension leads, AA AAA P9 batts , phone batts & car batt - charging system, she just diagnosed and replaced batt in her subaru so been reading batt voltages & alternator to be sure all healthy .
Quite good options & scaling & accuracy seems good for price, screen easy read & twist dial options easy read compared to some, flip out stand good too . Sure she'll have fun playing with it lol .
Multimeter mothers day birthday gift A380_L_DMM

2Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 20th August 2016, 6:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

A must have tool for the garage Smile, god knows how back in the day being a amateur, I got by without one Laughing

3Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 20th August 2016, 6:27 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Just for the record Im still an amateur with no idea what im doing most of the time Laughing

4Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 20th August 2016, 6:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

ignorance is bliss, that why I always so happy :-D
A machinist friend of mine always says "know less, problem less" :-/

5Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 20th August 2016, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ haha im going to use that one Laughing when im working on my friends car's its " all care no responsibility" Laughing

6Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 21st August 2016, 7:03 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Sometimes less is more which means you check everything and miss less or spot more.

To balance up tho sometimes it's dam right dangerous a customer of mine thought it was easy had the multi meter on wrong setting blasted himself thought it says 0v so asked the wife to check who also got blasted with 230v and the old re-wireable fuse still never blew. On a plus note I got a job and a fuse box replace from it.

Loving the fact she still on the tools mr b

When tools are this price no excuse not to own one very handy

7Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 21st August 2016, 7:16 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was working on some wiring this arvo, turns out I forgot to turn off the battery isolator, you can never be too careful Laughing

8Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 22nd August 2016, 6:56 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Awesome present to get your mum goodpost

9Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 22nd August 2016, 7:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ Better than chocolate lol .
She quite clued up with multimeter testing for basic dc stuff so deserved better than the faulty lcd one & this ones lcd is quite large & backlight makes real easy read .
Is a A380L, better than price tag suggests & would work well for entry level car testing .

10Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 22nd August 2016, 8:08 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My one is more car based ....but to be honest i probably use the most basic functions on it the most ...

11Multimeter mothers day birthday gift Empty Re: Multimeter mothers day birthday gift 22nd August 2016, 8:43 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
Automotive functions such as rpm, duty cycle, dwell are good have, temp probe handy too.
Like you say most used is basic voltage, resistance, continuity buzzer & that covered by most of the cheap end meters so everyone can own a dmm these days , loads of written & video guides on using them these days too so worth people investing in a meter & bit of learning .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum