Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Bucket - Reconstruction

+2
johnny gtir
Stu
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 14th July 2016, 10:41 am

ADZ14

Roadworthy sorted today. If the car doesn't break down, I should have plates on it tomorrow Smile

27White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 14th July 2016, 8:14 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome news mate and it's not going to break Laughing

28White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 15th July 2016, 10:55 am

ADZ14

Well, it's now at home again with plates!!

Registration went nice and smoothly. Then commenced the 50km drive home, and was stuck in traffic due to highway being closed for an accident. The R did well in the stop start traffic, no overheating etc. The first decent drive did highlight a few things though... Wheel alignment is atrocious, tyres are hard and terrible, and there is a it of a knock from the front left suspension area. I'll work on getting it somewhat presentable, and then the plan is to take it to a Gtir enthusiast mechanic for a full going over.

29White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 15th July 2016, 8:50 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Shit yeah, good stuff.

Did you get that temp gauge working?

30White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 15th July 2016, 11:01 pm

ADZ14

I haven't fixed it yet, however when I was in the highway carpark, it seemed to come good and stayed rock solid at operating temp (about 40%/below half). Then once I cleared the accident and was back at 80kmh+, it dropped right off to cold again. Maybe it's got an incorrect replacement sensor?

Also, the thermos kick in as required, and the oil temp gauge seems to do its thing, so I kept a close eye on that too. It never got above 90.

31White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 31st July 2016, 11:27 am

ADZ14

So a big fortnight for this Bucket!  

Been to the mechanic for a full check over, and given a mostly clean bill of health.  Just a few little bits and pieces to square away over the coming weeks/months.  Got some cheap enkeis in a more suitable size (15x7 +35), and had them fitted with some semi slicks.  Then this weekend, we've painted up the side skirts and front apron trim, fitted up the black side bumper strips, and the newly painted bits.  Also, found a couple of side indicators in far better condition that the ones I had on there, so changed them out today.

Really starting to come together now!  Only thing left on the outside is the window rubber seal at the bottom of the rear window, and an aerial, and I'll be happy!

For now, I'll get about tidying things up and making it more and more presentable.  Also, have entry forms for a local street sprint event for the first weekend of September.  Looking forward to that!

White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Fl_alm10
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Indica10
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Lhs_al10
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Lr_alm10

32White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 31st July 2016, 8:39 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I didn't realise how much they fade until you compare the 2 together.

33White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 8th August 2016, 3:15 am

ADZ14

Finally finished sourcing all of the rubbers for the car, so was able to give it a wash on the weekend. Lovely weather for it.

White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Img_4513
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Img_4512
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Img_4510
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Img_4511

34White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 2nd September 2016, 12:58 pm

ADZ14

First event for the R. A street sprints event in a country town about an hour from home. Had a few issues with some fouled plugs on the way here, but changed them out and it's running really well!

White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Image10

35White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 2nd September 2016, 1:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Enkei rp01 wheels Smile
I had a set on my first pulsar. Then on a sunny. They really do suit the pulsar well.
Good to hear you have the old girl running sweet Smile

My first pulsar.
White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 0_H695PNO

36White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 2nd September 2016, 8:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Have fun mate, hope the car runs well Smile

37White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 2nd September 2016, 11:13 pm

ADZ14

Pissed down most of the night, luckily the tent held out haha. I'm a fair way down the program, so hopefully the track is pretty dry by the time I get a run.

38White Bucket - Reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: White Bucket - Reconstruction 2nd September 2016, 11:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Hopefully it gets dry mate, its pretty damn windy today!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum