Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACL vs standard crank bearings

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty ACL vs standard crank bearings 20th February 2016, 10:04 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

So after a couple of months decorating the whole house I'm allowed back working on the car Laughing

Is it worth getting the ACL Bearings over standard? I want to get the engine built back up before the baby arrives!

Also other than Nissan where's the best place to get new piston rings from?

Gaz

2ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 1:23 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

If you know the bearing grade Gaz then I would personally go for the Nissan bearings, 5 different grades in all I think.
Companies such as Hepolite and a fair few others do the rings think there anything between £70-100 a set depending  on where you get them

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 9:52 am

ADSgtir

I would have a word with mahle and see if they do bearing sets for the pulsar , the Motorsport range are mighty fine bearings and indium coated , running over the stock rpm , requires bearings rated for the extra rpm : mahle Motorsport
You will never know until you ask , but they are keen to expand their range and costs are not that much over standard bearings

Paul Grosvenor
MAHLE Aftermarket Ltd.
National Sales Manager (Engine Components)

Springvale Avenue, Springvale Business Park, Bilston WV14 0QL West Midlands, Great Britain
Phone: +44 (0) 1902 357-123, Fax: +44 (0) 1902 357-113

4ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 11:33 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Would be good have another option as not great fan of acl bearings as clearances only able set finely if do a grind & polish to match measured fitted acl undersize shells in block .
For a standard crank in good shape then nissan shells are best option unless building with larger clearances .

5ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 11:50 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Cheers guys, will go for standard ones then, I priced them a month or so ago and not bad really.

On a different note, in the past ive used Loctite SI5660 liquid gasket for chain covers, sump etc or is it worth me going for the more expensive genuine Nissan sealant? Think it was £30 or there abouts when I priced it.

Gaz

6ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 11:57 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That loctite or similar will be fine & much cheaper.
How big is nissan sealant tube !?

7ACL vs standard crank bearings Empty Re: ACL vs standard crank bearings 21st February 2016, 12:01 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Prob same as the loctite maybe a little bigger, I did get one years ago when I changed the rocker gasket, remember it being fairly big tube.  Might have changed now!

Liquid Gasket KP510-00150- alt no: KP710-00150- KE10050000 £28.88 Available

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum