Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bottom end bearings help!!!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Bottom end bearings help!!!! 9th April 2014, 3:47 pm

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Ok guys

I am confused.....which main&conrod bearings I should buy?

What's the difference between H and Hx? Between coated or non coated?
Please help!

2Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 8:15 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The X give slightly more clearance over the H in standard size, you need do your measurements & get the shell thicknesses for H & X and select ones that give clearance desired for your build spec.

3Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 1:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

plastigauge them to check clearances

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 3:00 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

What the f##k is plastigauge??? Just when I think I'm learning stuff summert else crops up

5Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 3:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

does as it says on the tin lol

gives you an accurate measurement between crank journals and bigend bearings so you have precise clearances.
all Nissan bearings are graded to crank size but acl do more of a multi fit size bearing but its not the best if you want to do the job properly youll need to plastigauge the crank to get correct journal to bearing clearance

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

6Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 6:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its a really simple idea but really precise ....all it is is a bit of plastic wich you put in the journal and clamp it back down then use the gauge to see what size bearings you need ...

7Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 10th April 2014, 8:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Plastiguage is more for final checking of clearance in bearing. When doing a grind on a crank I supply suitable undersize bearings & machine shop can grind & polish to suit bearings to what ever oil clearance I specify by measuring with bore gauges & micrometers. during build testing plastiguage is used as simple way of checking clearance &  adjustments such as moving shells around to even out oil clearances to required tolerance range.

8Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 11th April 2014, 6:51 am

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Ok Mr.B....

I will sent the block and crank to a machinist to have them checked....but I have checked myself the original bearing and they are like new...that's why I am thinking that there's no problem.

Can you supply the needed bearings?

Cheers,

B

9Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 11th April 2014, 8:58 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Always good to have journals checked. If fine which sounds like is & no grind needed you should find the standard ACL H bearings will work & oil clearance will be in specified limits. Nissan bearings do allow for more oil clearance selection when dealing with standard unground crank. You will have markings on engine/crank related to current nissan bearings.
Most builds will be fine using ACL H, some people will go for Hx on standard crank if find oil clearance tight on standard H or desire fraction more clearance for a hot & hard running track build for example.

10Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 11th April 2014, 10:37 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as above it depends on power your planning on running and rpm limit if raised and whether its going to be mainly a track or road based vehicle which will determine clearance.

don't forget you also need to get the crank checked for ovality as its no good if you have clearance on one part of journal and its tighter on adjacent side as this is where the bearing will pick up.

if you have a look on youtube or something like that no doubt there will be info on plastigage and how to do it, its not hard just a bit time consuming but you should check clearances especially if its a big power build

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

11Bottom end bearings help!!!! Empty Re: Bottom end bearings help!!!! 11th April 2014, 10:42 am

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Aha Bob....will do that....my machinist actually!Smile)

Bob check PM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum