Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silicone hoses

+2
Mr B
P4UL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Silicone hoses Empty Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 11:00 am

P4UL

I need to replace some of my hoses with new and think black silicone is the way forward.

Can anyone recommend the best ones, samco, sfs or roose ?

Thanks

2Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 1:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best is probably original in my opinion, silicone is over rated & priced .
Had a chap on here who done rad & rear block water hose sets which seemed a good buy & he did do black .

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4315-nissan-pulsar-gtir-ancillary-hose-kit

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4164-rad-hoses-group-buy

3Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 2:03 pm

wrc

wrc

I am of mr b's opinion.

If it was me it would be oe nissan new. If you really really want silicone then go for a GOOD make, 5 ply etc no less. Like anything out there, there is good and bad stock but a trusted silicone product will be fine.

4Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 8:12 pm

mc_hawkings24

He sells them with abit of a mark up if you ask me but people will buy.
There GPI hoses so only cheap stuff and i have had both gpi and samco and samco quality is like night and day. Roose is probably the same quality as samco.
If you could get original hoses that would be just as good

Ebay link for the gpi set if you still want a set

5Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 9:25 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

hang on a minute I make fuck all on the hoses I sell once paypal and ebay take there share, even the hoses that ive had made ive made no money on as yet...

samco are a rip off in my opinion, pipes don't fit (ancillary kit I bought 2 of the pipes were too short) their heater matrix pipes aren't a full set and are double the cost of mine

I understand mine are cheaper but for what most pulsars end up doing (sunday cars, 5 track days a year) they do the job, my high powered R has all my pipes on and running over 300bhp with no problems......

and on a final note out of all the pipes ive sold on here and ebay ive only had to refund one member which I think is pretty good

anyways end or rant its been a long day

6Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 30th December 2015, 11:54 pm

mc_hawkings24

Sorry but you were selling the gpi ancillery pipe set for £50 or £60pounds on here and ebay when they can be bought for £34 and even with paypal fees thats making money.

Like i said in the thread before. Quality is bad there 2 ply mostly and i can squeeze them easily with my little fingers try that with something decent and you can't which is why they are cheap. With the amount of effort it takes to fit the rear pipes why would you bother fitting a product thats not fit for purpose. Pay abit extra and have piece of mind.

Just watch reviews of gpi hoses on youtube or google some reviews.

7Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 31st December 2015, 8:50 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Yes they can be bought NOW for £34 but last year no one was selling them on ebay in the UK, I bought a pack of them from china and low and behold I had to pay customs charges and VAT and clearance fees on every parcel I bought and buy, so I still dont know where my profit is im sorry to say.

Just had a parcel last week worth $60 us dollars and ive had to pay £28 clearence fees and VAT scratch

Also just to clarify GPI was only on the ancillary kit, my other hoses are made from different suppliers

And if people want genuine pipes or parts all you have to do is ask me as I work for Nissan and I can get staff discount Rolling Eyes so if your willing to pay Nissan prices PM me and I will get a price for you on various parts and get them on order for you and even delivered at extra cost...

cheers Tom

8Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 31st December 2015, 11:02 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats very kind of you tom thumbsup

9Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 2nd January 2016, 5:54 pm

mc_hawkings24

Well to be honest when you bought a set of the GPI rear hoses did it not occur to you that they were inferior? If it was me i would've knocked it on the head from the first tester lot i'd bought before selling them to anyone. Also i think you should adjust your prices or just don't sell them

Last edited by mc_hawkings24 on 3rd January 2016, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

10Silicone hoses Empty Re: Silicone hoses 2nd January 2016, 11:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nothing wrong with an opinion or advice or honest review of a product  but please remember this is a friendly forum .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum