Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 8:55 pm

shroom

shroom

Hi all,

I know it is possible to bridge the cluster to make your own fog light in the original cluster. I think you use the inside brake bulb to do this?

Has anyone got a picture of what you need to bridge and what you need to tap into in order to make this work. Would be a useful how to guide if possible.

I guess you need

1) Switch which illuminates when on
2) Cable from switch to cluster (earth etc.)
3) Solder Bridge in place with switch cable
4) Have it so it only comes on when lights are on

If anyone could shed some more light (harhar) on this that would be great! as I hate the crappy dangling ones from bumpers!

2Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 9:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What I do on JDM cluster is change the off side reverse to the fog with simple wiring job. then cut down a red fog lens from likes of universal bumper mount ones to fit inside the white reverse lens. done well it hardly noticeable until switch fog on & if lens cut & placed well you turn the os reverse light totally red .
steal the fog switch from standard uk/eu n14 nissan as have spare slots to mount it.
It totally uk MOT passable method .

3Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 9:28 pm

shroom

shroom

Ah that's a good idea there, can you remember what wires you need to cut etc ?

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

4Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 9:55 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Really just a case of removing the os reverse feed & feeding your current under bumper fog wire to the os reverse. should run on fog switch they used but it looks far far better done with oem nissan fog switch in one of the R blanked switch sockets.
Do check current fog wire install out well as many are horrendous bodges by guys who done the import conversions as it was all about minimal cost & maximum speed .
Those under bumper lamps were generally fooking awful eye sore .

5Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 10:10 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Its been a long time since i have wired a fog light into the rear clusters.
You clip the wires off the inside two brake lights on both sides(grey i think)(but could be green)??? and loop them together. Run a wire off that loop down to the front of the car onto a lumenated switch. Eath the switch to the car body and find a switching wire that is off the lights. (Green/purple) i think?
I will have a look tomorrow for you to make sure.

6Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 10:16 pm

shroom

shroom

Thanks Stu that will be great, and thanks Mr B for your advise will see what Stu pulls up about his setup.

There is just a switch in the dash with a cut power and cut earth (not sure why) It didn't have a fog light or any cabling going back to one so got knows what had gone on. It also has two small LED's just under the clocks which go to nothing its a mystery on some of these cars what the fook people do to them lol I was also missing a fucking horn and other bits too

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

7Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 10:32 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I've never done it by manipulating the 2 red cluster bulbs.

8Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 10:36 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Does this help?
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t235-wiring-foglight

9Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 11:40 pm

shroom

shroom

Perfect thanks John! and Stu for your input. Will give this a go do you think it has much impact on the brakes? would using one reverse light be less intrusive than loosing a bulb for the brakes or does it not matter to much.

Could you just use one of the bulbs and tap into the grey cable rather than chopping the connection?

10Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 26th October 2015, 11:59 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I do believe by rules the fog should not shadow/bleed onto brake within cluster & technically have a gap. doubt mot boys care or know & as loads done it that way it can obviously work. up to you really, if have added wiring already for a fog then super easy move it to os reverse. quite easy bring a dip circuit feed to relay trigger & feed high amp relay side down to rear cluster. control it via oem fog switch as looks super neat & has dash illumination to see switch & also visual fog on illumination.

11Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster Empty Re: Rear Fog Bridge Original Cluster 27th October 2015, 6:46 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Small led prob off a previous alarm install

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum