Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gave the old girl a polish.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 7:50 pm

Supernova

Just after getting the Pulsar on the road I decided she was in need of good going over. I try to make sure my cars are always clean so I'd thought I'll share some pictures of the process.

First off she needed a good shampooing I have a few different different ones I use but in this case it was Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss which is currently my favourite. After which she had a generous application of Iron fallout remover.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0831_zpsedvpykgg

So after I dried the paintwork off and then used a Clay mitt, here's the final result.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0832_zps2nmuehyi

As you can see she scrubs up quite nicely and looks faily decent from a distance untill you get a little closer then you can see, she's in desperate need of a machine polish lots of swirls and scratches.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0839_zpsv4xjsagl
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0840_zpsbtpaqsii

So out comes the D/A. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to machine polishing but I have had a few goes on my Fabia for practice. I decided to give it a pass with Menzerna 106fa that I brought a while ago.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0841_zpssi8qomlf

Buff it off to leave leave a massive improvement not perfect but a lot better, I think I ended up going over it a couple of time in the end so i'll show a couple more before and after picks of other areas.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0847_zpsfex7z9b8
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0848_zpsptdmfr8l
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0849_zpsmip1eqwc
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0851_zpspmmq4s1e

Soafter Going over the whole car was more than satisfied with the finish I managed to get, it was almost free from swirls and most of the bigger scratches so I decided rather than mess about anymore i'd just apply some glaze. The stuff I used was Poorboy's White Diamond I brought it for my Fabia because it's silver but rather than going out and buying their Black hole and wasting my money I was told that their is very little difference, if any between the two so here we go.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0862_zpsrbsbyqvv

I went over the whole car and buffed it off to leave this.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0867_zpswkxvfox3
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0870_zps1rzckixh

Looking very good now I was pretty chuffed. So decided it was time to add some wax. Normally I use Collinite 476s which I absolutely adore mainly because it looks good on my Fabia and it's very, very durable, but for the Pulsar I decided I wanted to try some stuff I brought a little while ago that was meant to be a bit more of a show Wax.

And here it is ODK Glamour.

Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0871_zpssj5bv5zb
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0874_zpsyfaftlgi
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0875_zpssit2jxrj
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0876_zpsmjajymqz
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0877_zpsozxkxjdj
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0879_zpsx4gii25k
Gave the old girl a polish. IMG_0885_zps0iz3dgbs

Beautiful deep shine it's a really lovely product although a little bit harder imo to apply than Collinite the results are fantastic and it smeels like apples too.
So there we have it, in total it took me most of the weekend to do, the car was in desperate need of it but nether the less it was worth it to see the difference.

Cheers guy's

2Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 7:59 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Brilliant job.was the da air powered?

3Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 8:16 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Wow
That looks sweet now. Amazing work mate Smile

4Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 8:22 pm

Supernova

Thanks Bones. No it's a Kestrel Das 6 pro that I picked up virtually brand new form Ebay.

5Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 8:23 pm

Supernova

Cheers Stu like I said it's not perfect still some scratches and stone chips but it was so much better than before. I think just like you said about yours it had previously been washed with wire wool or something lol.

6Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 8:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Came up looking so much better though, spending the whole weekend doing it was worth it Smile

7Gave the old girl a polish. Empty Re: Gave the old girl a polish. 20th May 2015, 9:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey .... nice work fella ... thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum