Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox change

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox change Empty Gearbox change 2nd March 2015, 9:16 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Just changed the gearbox today, hell of a lot easier with a ramp took me 8 hours on my own, just needed a hand from a friend to get the gearbox on and off.

Had a few little dramas on the way but overall wasn't too much of a pain. Got a few photos of the process so will add them to this post later on.

Anybody in the north west needs an hand in the future with either a clutch or gearbox change give me a shout.

2Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 2nd March 2015, 11:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good work mate thumbsup I've changed a gearbox completely by myself and man it was difficult, the bastard is heavy.

3Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 2nd March 2015, 11:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well done spike .... i havent had the pleasure of doing one yet .... did you leave the engine in situ .... and took the transfer box off the gearbox ????

4Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 3rd March 2015, 4:29 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

No Leighton, I didn't drop the engine just removed the diff case and diff and then lowered the engine down until the crank pulley was just short of touching the chassis leg and removed both the gearbox mounts and it slid off with no issues.

Top tip I learnt along the way:

Remove the right hand bolt attaching the rear stabiliser bracket to the gearbox suicide this helps to stop the transfer box separating resulting in another hour trying to get it lined back up before the gearbox can be put back on.

A few pictures as I went along, sorry about the quality.

Gearbox change <a href=Gearbox change Image_1" />

Gearbox change <a href=Gearbox change Image_2" />

Gearbox change <a href=Gearbox change Image_3" />

Gearbox change <a href=Gearbox change Image_4" />

Gearbox change <a href=Gearbox change Image_5" />

5Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 3rd March 2015, 7:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Well done mr spike another job you can tick off your list your R gear box change Big V is lost. I drop it as one with transfer box and diff end still on but same as you get engine lowered just before pully touches

6Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 3rd March 2015, 8:01 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Good job, first one is always tricky

7Gearbox change Empty Re: Gearbox change 3rd March 2015, 10:04 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Cheers Johnny I will be doing it again soon when I get an uprated clutch, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum