Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

engine change!!

+3
GTI-R US
Stu
Rickylee186
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1engine change!! Empty engine change!! 10th March 2012, 3:54 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

Started my first ever engine change today, managed to get the complete engine and box out but im bloody certain it will never run again lol Laughing

2engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 10th March 2012, 5:07 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

all good fun isnt it Laughing

How high do you have to lift the bloody car affraid

Ive got my engine to go back in when i can get round to atatching the gearbox and transferbox to it Very Happy

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 10th March 2012, 5:21 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

I'm lucky in the fact my mate is letting me use a lift in his garage to get the engine in and out, I'm proper craping it about putting it all back together, as I pulled more and more plugs and pipes off the more I thought I should of payed someone to do it lol. It's a learning curve so were see!! All I need to do now is drop my other engine out the other car and fit it back in! Sounds easy enough lol ow and swap panels between the cars! Doors, bumpers, bonnet and boot-spoiler and the complete interior.
Happy days

4engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 10th March 2012, 6:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

best way to learn about the car riky Wink
theres only one plug you can possibly muddle up and thats the one from reverse light on gearbox to the dizzy (i think)
all the others will only go back in one place.

if you get stuck with anything then just let us know fella

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 10th March 2012, 9:34 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

one good thing about living on a farm is having a tractor and loader, lift the car as high as you like Twisted Evil

6engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 17th September 2013, 10:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yep it is the dizzy plug and gearbox switch that are the same .... there is plety of vac diagrams and such like in the how to section .... plus im sure  if you get stuck im sure we can help point you in the right direction .... what i normally do when swapping out engines etc is have a load of bags for bolts  and write on them like starter motor etc then also masking tape for plugs. pipes . Etc and just write on them as you go along and if you dont know the names of what it is just write numbers on them  its very useful method ive found as not much to think about  lol .

7engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 18th September 2013, 7:35 am

knights of nee

I've done it quite few times now got it down to less than 2 hours last time lol, But hopefully my new one will never need an engine or gearbox drop, Maybe if I ever wear out the new clutch.

I normally just drop the whole lot down on my trolley jack and lift the car with a block and tackle attached to my garage roof beam.

Rob

8engine change!! Empty Re: engine change!! 18th September 2013, 10:35 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I just find it alot easier to put all the bolts and clips in a pile then use my weight saving attitude and throw the ones left away. You dont need that many washers i know lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum