Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moley's rebuild

+13
SIR GTI-R
GTI-R US
shroom
houghy_1
Stu
Welling_AL
Mr B
gtir_woody
mikewazowski
ROB_IOW
buckym120
nomad
pulsarmoley
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:11 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Your car seem quite rot free pete or you got some known areas for repair ...

77Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Stu wrote:Go orange in the bay and paint the engine and box black Smile
Or maybe a deap plumb purple Smile
goodpost yoursofunny

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

78Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stu wrote:Go orange in the bay and paint the engine and box black Smile
Or maybe a deap plumb purple Smile
hump stop lol

79Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

The typical place has gone on both sides but hopefully only the outer skin. Got a nasty hole in passenger door so now have a replacement and just have a few general areas where ther is a mild surface rust; particularly in the engine bay. The paint was shot on the roof and thanks to the neighbours cat so was the bonnet. I pray there are no more suprises as the strip continues

80Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:21 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Has the neighbours cat been told paws off or did the Pulsar get revenge Very Happy

81Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 21st November 2015, 10:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Havent seen it lately, but if its still about if/when the car return home it will be made aware its a no go zone :chop

82Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 22nd November 2015, 4:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

pulsarmoley wrote:The typical place has gone on both sides but hopefully only the outer skin. Got a nasty hole in passenger door so now have a replacement and just have a few general areas where ther is a mild surface rust; particularly in the engine bay. The paint was shot on the roof and thanks to the neighbours cat so was the bonnet. I pray there are no more suprises as the strip continues

My old house mates bastard dog jumped all over my old black e36. Had nail marks all over it. Stupid animals fuming

83Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 22nd November 2015, 7:28 am

SIR GTI-R

SIR GTI-R

Cant tell you how useful a ute has been for me tho I had to have something with some grunt lol D21 kingcab with a VG30DE it gets 530 ks to a tank which is better than the Rs 350ks lol

84Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 2nd December 2015, 12:46 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

So spent sunday doing the rear of the car now, removing wheels brakes etc then came the bastard 22mm bolt that most poeple have had dealings with. Ive left it soaking and tomorrow it will be coming out one way or another. Also been fiddling about with engine bits and have come across a little dilemma. After removing the power steering adjuster bracket several times(dont ask) the thread in both holes fell out due to a helicoil breaking up. Now ive got 3 options: do i fit new helicoils; which im not fond of, drill and tap to the next size up or can i drill right through the casting and nut/bolt it? The third option i think would be ideal but need someone to confirm i can do this?

85Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 2nd December 2015, 12:51 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Agree about the third option but can't picture where you would be drilling. Sounds like a pain anyway. Hopefully that bolt is nice to you tomorrow.

86Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 2nd December 2015, 8:35 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If you look at the engine from the right, the 2 bolts furthest to the left on the water pump hold the power steering adjuster bracket. The holes don't go into the block which makes me think I could drill right through. I'll try and remember to get a photo of it today.

87Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 2nd December 2015, 11:19 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pulsarmoley wrote:So spent sunday doing the rear of the car now, removing wheels brakes etc then came the bastard 22mm bolt that most poeple have had dealings with. Ive left it soaking and tomorrow it will be coming out one way or another. Also been fiddling about with engine bits and have come across a little dilemma. After removing the power steering adjuster bracket several times(dont ask) the thread in both holes fell out due to a helicoil breaking up. Now ive got 3 options: do i fit new helicoils; which im not fond of, drill and tap to the next size up or can i drill right through the casting and nut/bolt it? The third option i think would be ideal but need someone to confirm i can do this?

Why not try some of the stuff I am putting to market shortly Pete?

it held a stud in cyl head and torqued it to over 70nm to the point where stud was going to break and still did not budge, much stronger than a helicoil Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

88Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 2nd December 2015, 6:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:So spent sunday doing the rear of the car now, removing wheels brakes etc then came the bastard 22mm bolt that most poeple have had dealings with. Ive left it soaking and tomorrow it will be coming out one way or another. Also been fiddling about with engine bits and have come across a little dilemma. After removing the power steering adjuster bracket several times(dont ask) the thread in both holes fell out due to a helicoil breaking up. Now ive got 3 options: do i fit new helicoils; which im not fond of, drill and tap to the next size up or can i drill right through the casting and nut/bolt it? The third option i think would be ideal but need someone to confirm i can do this?

Why not try some of the stuff I am putting to market shortly Pete?

it held a stud in cyl head and torqued it to over 70nm to the point where stud was going to break and still did not budge, much stronger than a helicoil Wink

Tell more more Mr Bob...

89Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 5:26 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

So today i dragged the rear subframe out and stripped all the components off it, the hubs still have their lower arms attached thanks to the fookin 22mm bolt but they will be no match for my tools at work. Pulled the end of the diff casing off and looks spotless inside; not that i was expecting to find anything. It sounds silly but im even questioning whether to change the bearings and seals as the look good. Definately will be replacing the subframes bushes for something decent as they are fooked!

90Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 7:58 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

If they look fine I would reuse them. If they do leak in the future its not a huge job to whip the diff off again.
Smile

91Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 8:48 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah thats what im thinking, i know they arent expensive to replace but im of a 'if it aint broke dont fix it' approach

92Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 9:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What did you end up doing about that thread mate?

93Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 9:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nothing yet, as its not stopped me from modifying engine brackets, i shall wait for a tube of Bob's miracle metal weld.

p.s. Bob if you are reading this 'Miracle Metal Weld' is copyrighted under Moley enterprises Laughing

94Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 9:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

You could get some royalties out of that name Laughing

95Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 19th December 2015, 9:36 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Gotta be worth a snickers bar at least Smile

96Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 29th December 2015, 2:00 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok so using the festive holiday to crack on with the old girl. Decided to modify the rear subframe as i know sometimes the exhaust knocks as a 3" system is a little close in places. Photos arent that brilliant but you get the idea

Moley's rebuild - Page 4 IMAG0427_zpsjhwvceav

Moley's rebuild - Page 4 IMAG0435_zpskqzhucz8

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 29th December 2015, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

97Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 29th December 2015, 8:51 pm

splmum

splmum

pulsarmoley wrote:Ok so using the festive holiday to crack on with the old girl. Decided to modify the rear subframe as i know sometimes the exhaust knocks as a 3" system is a little close in places. Photos arent that brilliant but you get the idea

Moley's rebuild - Page 4 IMAG0427_zpsjhwvceav

Moley's rebuild - Page 4 IMAG0435_zpskqzhucz8

That's strange (the knocking on the frame). I have a 3" mandrel bend system and have never heard it knock and mine is lowered to 325mm ride height.

98Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 29th December 2015, 8:56 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

In fairness it hardly ever happens on my latest system as i think its better made but im considering wrapping the whole exhaust so just making sure clearance wont be an issue. Lowering the car wouldnt affect this unless you have modified the sub frame mounting bushes.

99Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 29th December 2015, 8:58 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thats a really good idea, I wish I thought about that before I put my sub frame Laughing

My doesn't hit, but I cant remove the exhaust without removing the sub frame, maybe some extra clearance would help that.

100Moley's rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's rebuild 29th December 2015, 9:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I'll be honest woody, i dont think what ive done would make any difference in the removal of the exhaust. Ive only done the rear part of the frame, i did think about the front but decided not to. Hope that makes you feel better Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum