Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

steering

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1steering Empty steering 31st January 2015, 3:57 pm

hi, when im driving the steering feels like my tracking or wheels need balancing? but these have been done also the ball joints and drop links are new...could it be the inner track rod?

2steering Empty Re: steering 31st January 2015, 4:03 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'd check basics 1st, tyre pressures , wheel bearings etc you can always check other stuff later

3steering Empty steering 31st January 2015, 5:14 pm

thanks are check them first Smile

4steering Empty Re: steering 31st January 2015, 10:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whats the symptons .... wheel shaking at certain speeds ? ?... track rod end arms ? Jack the car up and check the wheel for play try pulling it from top to bottom for bottom balljoint and bushes .... then side to side for track rod end play ....

5steering Empty Re: steering 1st February 2015, 12:24 pm

shroom

shroom

I had a wooly feeling when my front and rear arb bushes needed replacing, I also replaced the rear drop link as I had D2 coilovers and they had rosejointed things that had corroded and had lots of play. The car felt terrible to drive but was 100% better after that. As the above give it a good check over as there is lots to look for.

6steering Empty Re: steering 1st February 2015, 12:36 pm

Indy

Sorry to jump in I too have a wobbly steering when accelerating and braking. Brakes don't seem warped cant understand it might be track rod ends which I will check

7steering Empty Re: steering 1st February 2015, 4:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Check everything including hub spindles for run out/play, discs for runout, bit of a sticking caliper, rod ends & rod arms, wear in steering rack, rack mounts !
bit of sticky caliper & light warping of disc can be sneaky one for this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum