Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Made a side exit exhaust

+9
toaster55
MartyMG
Gaz GTiR
paz
FPSChris
nomad
Welling_AL
gtir_woody
PartyPete
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 8:50 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Yes. When I went down to 15" 195 50 I lost quite a bit of grip but the R888's more than made up ( in the dry!) Amazing difference. Shame they are so pricey but there's pilot cups & Direzzo's to try.

27Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 9:00 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Iv bought them, heard they are the business in the dry but crap in the wet?

28Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 10:59 am

toaster55

toaster55

PartyPete wrote:There is a member on here with a white r who attended the rolling road day last year, and his car was in the magazine, I can't remember who it was (hopefully he will read this and put a picture up) but he had cut a section of his rear bumper out level with where his exhaust was all the way along, it looked really tidy, and would have created slightly less drag! That's what I'm going to do, and I'm going to get a defuser made to go in that gap, hopefully out of carbon fibre as soon as I can afford! Your car looks very tidy btw Marty! Are those r888s on it?

wasn't that glenns car and he broke it for spares as far as i remember

29Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 11:47 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Hmmmm could well of been....but can't remember Glenn being there?

30Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 12:14 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

With no exhaust under the car, it should be possible to have a smooth underbody if you could have panels made up? A front flat undertray starting at the splitter, It might really impeove aerodynamics? You would probably need to allow airflow around rear diff for cooling? Not sure if its ever been done?

31Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 2:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes it was glens car but possibly was another aswell

32Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 8:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

MartyMG wrote:With no exhaust under the car, it should be possible to have a smooth underbody if you could have panels made up? A front flat undertray starting at the splitter, It might really impeove aerodynamics? You would probably need to allow airflow around rear diff for cooling? Not sure if its ever been done?

It could possibly but I don't think I'll be going to that extreme tbh, sounds like a lot of work making it all up to fit and fix it too the car?

33Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 9:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Any videos with it running pete

34Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 10:03 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'll try and remember to get one tomorrow Johnny, it's pretty much all back together now any way!

35Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 11:14 am

Juggs

If it was an ivory one then i would guess it was Glenn's car, well his old one i brought the shell off him after it was broke.
Unfortunately he sold the bumper on though before i got it :-(
All that you have to do is follow the line from the existing exhaust cut out bud.
Did you ever get this Db tested mate?
Always put off by them due to a lot of tracks now being 100db & lower limits, look cool as you like & scare prius drivers!

36Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 6:38 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

As requested Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Th_AC631718-2CE9-41E7-90A4-C191D621BF41_zpsdmbmc3rb
I will be doing a decibel test in the next few weeks, and yes it was Glenn's, spoke to home earlier and got some pics

37Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 7:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Love it

38Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 8:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds the nuts ..... you said you used a 200sx elbow is that a 3inch or 2.5 or something ?

39Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 8:16 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

No I cut the 5 bolt flange off the old elbow and the shaped the 3 inch pipe to the flange then welded it to it, it took hours just to do thatand get it right! It's a very fiddly time consuming job, but if it's worth doing properly......

40Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th January 2015, 9:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How did you shape it .... stick it in a vice ???

41Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 12th January 2015, 7:52 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Pretty much, got plenty of heat on it and used a persuasion stick!

42Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 11th February 2015, 8:16 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Looks and sounds great. Whats the road regulations like with front exit exhaust.

43Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 17th August 2015, 1:16 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Pete - slightly off topic question...
Do you have a link for the latches you used to hold your front bumper on mate ?
They look very neat in your vid - i need to do the same thing !
Exhaust sounds awesome by the way - has it settled in now and changed note at all ?
Cheers,
AL.

44Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 17th August 2015, 3:37 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Welling_AL wrote:Pete - slightly off topic question...
Do you have a link for the latches you used to hold your front bumper on mate ?
They look very neat in your vid - i need to do the same thing !
Exhaust sounds awesome by the way - has it settled in now and changed note at all ?
Cheers,
AL.
I havent seen petes ones but these are what a lot of people are using atm.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262005101895&alt=web
Cheap too.
Have seen some metal catches aswel on some cars. But cant find any of those type.

45Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 17th August 2015, 5:36 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I don't have a link pal, can't remember where I got them from but I'm 99% sure they were off eBay! And no it hasn't settled down.....it sounds bad ass!

46Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 19th August 2015, 7:48 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Stu - Pete....
Cheers boys !
It's a job i will 100% be doing as the track behind my house that leads to my garage is not great so having the bumper off to drive it up and down will be perfect.
Just looking at what people are using and experience with different devices - spring or catch etc.

Pete - LOL at your exhaust sound - i guess that's the deal with front/side exit..... loud and badass !!!!

47Made a side exit exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 19th August 2015, 8:50 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

You wanna hear it when I switch the anti lag on inside a tunnel Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum