Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini

+2
GTI-R US
johnny gtir
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mini Empty Mini 30th November 2014, 10:45 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

A lass i am seeing has a mini and its started putting the wipers on when high beam and indicators. I guess nightmare canbus wiring. Long shot but anyone on here worked on minis new type ?

2Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 10:59 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

bad or loose earth connection somewhere had this happen on a couple cars and same cause on both, in both cases was engine to body earth

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 2:51 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Its a mini... Theres the problem Laughing

4Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 3:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

the bcu in the footwell mate they are common to get water on the pcb connecters and start shorting stuff and making shit go haywire ...

5Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 4:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Just about every car ever fitted with body control units are a pain. Best bet is see another lady who has a classic car, preferably Japanese :-)

6Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 5:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ha some great responses. Told her if i fix it she needs to do some poses on the R. First she thought i was joking then said i will lie on bonnet i was like shit break my carbon bonnet and your mini will have wiring issues no more as it will go up in smoke and flames

7Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 6:34 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hahaha take the bonnet off first Wink Laughing
I woukd of said engine earth like Bob said as its happened on a few of my old cars too.
But Leighton seams to have the answer Smile

8Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 6:48 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I thought earths stu more so with previous cars and been a sparky. Must admit learning all the time with this canbus wiring where one wire controlls several things via signal some of the high end stuff is to do with several sign waves

9Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 8:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Pre 2003 had lots of issues with body control unit & water ingress, revised later model with better plastic cover.
Main problem is shite location of the unit in footwell & fact it french made electronics :-/
Even have flash memory issues with these much like the bosch bcu shite on the Pugs.
Awful awful engineering practice for things that can be so simply & reliably controlled ...

10Mini Empty Re: Mini 30th November 2014, 8:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

See i do talk sense sometimes Laughing .... my friend had a mini spent ages trying to work out wtf was going on with it ...take it out give it the hair dryer treatment check the plugs for water and off you go mate ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum