Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Methanol

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Methanol  Empty Methanol 28th November 2014, 11:11 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Some one has offered to slap some methanol in my car, he uses it in his evo! Any body ever used it and is it a safe/wise thing to do? Last thing I want to do is blow it up! He said 3 quarter of a tank petrol quarter meth.....any ideas?

2Methanol  Empty Re: Methanol 28th November 2014, 11:36 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you ideally need to run nylon type fuel lines as it will eventually eat through rubber (especially as some is more than likely 20+ years old) then theres other bits aswell such as injector seals and so forth and the last thing you want is a fuel leak with that gear in the tank as a real fire risk.
with a lot of modern type cars the lines are already geared up to run methanol and other fuel additives

your best bet is do a search on the net and will tell you exactly what needs to be done in order to run it safely on an older type performance car as theres more than ive wrote above Wink

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Methanol  Empty Re: Methanol 28th November 2014, 11:55 am

Chrism

I ran it in my subaru but was mapped for it..!!
Most Ecus can run a few maps so best get her done then run it

Some engines do go bang if using it... Especially if not using up rated parts

Which mix is he using 10% - 20% as a bottle ( additive size)full might be ok to add to a tank
Have you got knock or det sensor.???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]