Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cleaning seats/ door trims

+2
toaster55
Gaz GTiR
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 5:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What's the best way to clean seats and door trims? Mine are looking gross. I did some searching and people have had good results with a high pressure water cleaner as stupid as that sounds. They are old abit old anyway and just want to get the dirt out.

2Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 6:59 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I use a carpet cleaner with the small attactment similar to companies that clean your sofa. Really deep clean and no rubbing or scrubbing the seats so it dose not go fluffly or bobbly. The small shampoo comes withwith the cleaner and mix it with warm water amazing results. My dad works in a tool hire shop so get it free

3Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 9:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cheers johnny, I'll give something like that a go first, saves having to take the door trims off etc. Did you have to use a lot of water, like give it a proper soaking?

4Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 12:39 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I used a WetVac... Came up a treat Smile

5Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 2:40 pm

toaster55

toaster55

You dont want to hear how i do it lol came up a treat but i wouldnt recomend it

6Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 7:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Spill the beans so to speak toast ?

No woody its a fine mist as you pull the trigger then it hoovers/vacs it. Dont soak the door cards mate it wont end well

7Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 8:06 pm

toaster55

toaster55

1. remove interior and chuck in back garden
2. get garden hose and soak  gently blast it
3. squirt what ever the misses washes the clothes over it
4. scrub in to lather
5. blast of with garden hose
6. leave to dry for a day!
7. realise vinyl on door cards has started to lift
8. remove vinyl
9. get door cards flocked to match dash
10. stand back and realise a wet and dry vac may have been cheaper!  Embarassed  but overall  looks good if not quite original.

thats about it and now the car smells persil fresh  Very Happy

8Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 8:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

affraid

9Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 8:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Cheaper than my effort with door cards

10Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 8:32 pm

toaster55

toaster55

think i went to bobs school of valeting Laughing

11Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 24th November 2014, 8:54 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Haha at least I know which way won't work now Laughing

Now come to think about it maybe Ill get the door cards flocked and I'll just clean the seat.

12Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 27th November 2014, 10:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ok pics don't really justice but this is their condition at the moment. Going to clean them this weekend and see how they come up Smile

Cleaning seats/ door trims  Image

13Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 27th November 2014, 1:47 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

You can lend carpet cleaners from sainsburys etc, i used one and the results were really good. Anyways, have a look at the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNMAmhGrxR8 Smile

14Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 27th November 2014, 8:39 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's pretty cool mike, how random it just happens to be a gtir in the vid Smile

15Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 28th November 2014, 1:30 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Haha yeah man! Im guessing that you never seen mighty car mods?

16Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 28th November 2014, 3:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nah I haven't actually, I'll need to check it out!

17Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 30th November 2014, 11:59 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Ohhh dude! youre from australia too! i thought that every car guy in australia knew mighty car mods Very Happy check out their how to buy a car from japan etc! pure awesomeness

18Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 14th December 2014, 1:27 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Out of curiosity thought Id try a foam cleaner from the auto shop, made a difference especially on the door trims but going to get them properly steamed cleaned.

19Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 14th December 2014, 9:46 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Mighty mods is so funny. I was amazed when they rolling roadbed car with different air filters and if I recall paper one was no worse than expensive after market ones

20Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 14th December 2014, 9:59 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ive been watching some their the videos lately, there is some pretty cool stuff they have done

21Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 15th December 2014, 3:42 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Yeah mighty car mods are great, plenty of cool videos on their channel. I like the video where they 'pimped' out the Civic proper rice style Very Happy defo worth checking out haha

22Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 15th December 2014, 6:20 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

And good at lightening cars for better power to weight ratios

23Cleaning seats/ door trims  Empty Re: Cleaning seats/ door trims 16th December 2014, 11:48 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

I cant remember episodes about that but this is about shedding weight Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum